Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Way To Clean Plastic Trim With A Grain

Invasion

Hi was just wondering what is the best way to clean the plastic in my Fiesta Titanium.

The trouble I am having is the grain in the plastic and mud. I can't for the life of me get the mud marks off because of the grain. Don't want to scratch the plastic being to rough.

The main areas are the footwell where carpet ends and plastic starts, and bottom of door opening plastics. It looks clean when wiped over until it dries then the mud is back it is driving me nuts :(

Any tips much appreciated

scrubbing brush ie nail brush and some tfr.... this is what i use,,,,

Yeah anything like a shoe brush should work and not too harsh.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for the advice :)

I will give it ago today. I may seem a little cautious, but to late once plastic is scratched up. I will never forget my mum coming in after cleaning her car, all proud that she had got all the bugs and other contaminates of the front of her new company car. It was only later that night when under the lights at the garage she realised a green scouring pad wasn't the best choice!

Thanks again

Really? I thought they were really good especially with Fairy liquid lol

• Like 2

I never liked that back to black stuff, of course its going to look nice and black when its wet but as soon as it dries it just goes back to grey lol

Or just don't get in with muddy shoes? I take a spare pair when I go to watch my daughter playing football on Sundays so that I don't tread it inside.

If inside the car I'd recommend a microfiber towel with some autoglym vinyl & rubber care and if excessive pressure is needed rub in the direction of the grain then if scratching were to occur it should blend into the grain as I was taught this in my old job working with stainless steel

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

If inside the car I'd recommend a microfiber towel with some autoglym vinyl & rubber care and if excessive pressure is needed rub in the direction of the grain then if scratching were to occur it should blend into the grain as I was taught this in my old job working with stainless steel

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

I'll also give this a go. Makes sense with the grain and a towel ;)

Tell your mom she's not the only one who has done this, I did this many many years ago with my first car, also thought why no one else has ever mensioned using this, sins it works so well, untill I saw the damadged caused the next day in the sun :( sins then I only use Meguires products and the proper microfiber towels, nothing beats a good polish and some elbow grease

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club