Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark 4 fiesta using a lot of oil?

Rowey

Hi, my Mk 4 fiesta is using a lot of oil but is not burning it and has no external leaks! God only nows where it 's going! Any suggestions?

When was the last time you did the valve clearances?

If they're loose then it would cause it to use up a lot of oil and reduce your mpg, not to mention make it sound abit tappity?

i have a mk4 to mate ive had 3 and its a very common problem with the mk4's is using fuel, i have to top mine up every weekend, i often drive varily fast tho, if your only plodding along you should be good for at least 2 weeks without toppping up

i have a mk4 to mate ive had 3 and its a very common problem with the mk4's is using fuel, i have to top mine up every weekend, i often drive varily fast tho, if your only plodding along you should be good for at least 2 weeks without toppping up

Get your valve clearances done mate. They're meant to get done every 10,000 miles.

Reduces fuel and oil consumption and can help quieten that tappity sound. Works wonders on any endura engine.

Get your valve clearances done mate. They're meant to get done every 10,000 miles.

Reduces fuel and oil consumption and can help quieten that tappity sound. Works wonders on any endura engine.

Hi thanks for the advice. It's actually a zetec and does nt sound tappity. Do you reckon it's still worth checking the valve clearences ?

Cheers

Hi thanks for the advice. It's actually a zetec and does nt sound tappity. Do you reckon it's still worth checking the valve clearences ?

Cheers

The 1.25? Would be worth doing, not sure bout the zetec but like I said they are meant to be done every so often.

Doesn't always have to sound tappity for the clearances to be loose and cause excessive oil and fuel consumption. Specially on the zetecs.

Inlet 0.17-0.23mm

Exhaust 0.27-0.33mm

Best to leave the engine overnight and do it in the morning if possible. Needs to be cold to get an accurate set up

The 1.25? Would be worth doing, not sure bout the zetec but like I said they are meant to be done every so often.

Doesn't always have to sound tappity for the clearances to be loose and cause excessive oil and fuel consumption. Specially on the zetecs.

Inlet 0.17-0.23mm

Exhaust 0.27-0.33mm

Best to leave the engine overnight and do it in the morning if possible. Needs to be cold to get an accurate set up

Many thanks again, will get on it!

I have a MK4 1.25 SI Zetec and it drinks oil, my GFs dad has a Mondeo and it doesn't need to be filled up for like 7-8 months.

I will probs check my valves etc also, my friend recently cleaned out his pollen filter aswell he said and it has improved his ride.. slighty offtopic with that but just thought I would share.

I have a MK4 1.25 SI Zetec and it drinks oil, my GFs dad has a Mondeo and it doesn't need to be filled up for like 7-8 months.

I will probs check my valves etc also, my friend recently cleaned out his pollen filter aswell he said and it has improved his ride.. slighty offtopic with that but just thought I would share.

You should tell him that he is imagining things coz the pollen filter filters air that goes into the cabin! lol :rolleyes:

You should tell him that he is imagining things coz the pollen filter filters air that goes into the cabin! lol :rolleyes:

LOL ok. He must be thinking it..

LOL ok. He must be thinking it..

hahaha lol!

let me know what his reaction is :ph34r:

my friend recently cleaned out his pollen filter aswell he said and it has improved his ride

:lol: You sure he didn't clean out his air filter? ;)

:lol: You sure he didn't clean out his air filter? ;)

Who the hell "cleans out" their air filter!?!?

Thats like wearing the same pants month after month and just scraping them back every so often

roflmao

Will do... and he may have meant that although I swear he said pollen filter..

Its bugging me now I have to find out for sure!!

Will do... and he may have meant that although I swear he said pollen filter..

Its bugging me now I have to find out for sure!!

I can tell you now it wasnt the pollen filter he cleaned out if "it improved his ride" :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club