Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St-2 Questions: Folding Mirrors & Dash

jack.strong

Hi,

Pretty sure I don't have power folding mirrors but how do I check. Should there be a button on the console ?

Also on the dash in the instrument cluster there is something in the middle bit above the fuel level, what is it ? It doesn't light up for me :S

Thanks

where you adjust the mirrors, there should be a button to powerfold in if it is powerfold. alternatively, if they fold in when you double lock the car the mirrors should fold in if they are powerfold.

If it's the same as my 09 Titanium, the knob that adjusts the angle of the wing mirrors can be pushed down to fold them in. Also there is an option in the Radio / Sync system somewhere which can enable or disable the automatic folding when you lock the car.

My tit X as soon as you press the lock button they fold, as is the same with unlock when they are folded.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Also on the dash in the instrument cluster there is something in the middle bit above the fuel level, what is it ? It doesn't light up for me :S

Thanks

Sounds like you're talking about the space where the immobiliser light is (I think that's what it is). You should see it flash every few seconds if the ignition is off.

Thats where the light is to say about lights being... or full beams... can't remember which one it is, I think its the full beams...

Also you can go on www.etis.ford.com and check the exact spec of your car. In the list for my car there is "Dual Power Fold Htd Signal Mirror's", so yours would have something similar it has the Power Fold mirrors.

Cheers for your help guys. Instrument dial sorted. I guess there not powerfold, got no button where you say. It's just how there mirror is mounted that makes me think they can fold. Manually should I just try rotating them in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yeh they will fold manually if they're not powerfold. You can confirm this once and for all by the look of the switch for adjusting the mirrors. If they are powerfold the down arrow will have another picture by it as shown in this image: http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss40/cannondale007/IMG_0784.jpg. If the picture is missing and it's just the down arrow then they're manual.

On the ST they are an optional extra but come as part of a kit including key less entry.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club