Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Esp Off!??

Valleyboy22

Hi all,

Car struggled to start earlier which fir some mad reason does it now and again? I noticed that esp off came up on the dash? Don't know what this means but wondering if anyone can help me on this?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Did not know I had it and can turn it off?

On the Focus MK2 the ESP functionality (if fitted) can be disabled by a switch next to the heated front and rear window switches. On the Focus MK2.5 Ford decided (probably because of financial reasons) to disable the ESP functionality by the instrument cluster settings menu. Only the MK2.5 ST and RS versions still have a switch to disable the ESP functionality.

If the ESP warning light lights up this basically means that the ESP system is disabled. This can be because of an actual ESP/ABS sensor error or simply because of a low battery voltage for example.

Can I switch it on or off then?

If the ESP system is working properly the ESP light is off. If the ESP system is dactivated by the switch/instrument cluster menu or because of an error the ESP light lights up.

If the ESP light lights up because it is deactivated it can be switched on using the switch/instrument cluster menu. If the ESP light lights up because of an actual error it can not be switched on again before the problem is solved. In this case switching the ESP functionality back on will not work.

No light on. Not noticed this before so was wondering what it meant

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club