Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Wheel Wobble At Speed

Karlos007

Hi guys

my focus has got a fair bit of steering when wobble when driving 50-80 mph, at its worst at about 60 mph. Took her in for two new fronts, along with tracking front and back and balancing, but it hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas what else I could look at?

cheers

Karlos

Could be a distorted wheel although if so they should have picked that up on the balancing machine.

Have a look at the disks, and make sure there is no rust on the back were it fits to the hub.

• Like 1

Would brakes cause issue when not breaking tho???? Sounds good tho :-)

Yes, if there's a build-up of rust between the hub and the disc that could cause the disc to run out of true and as the wheel sits on the outside of the disc the wheel would wobble. Still, I'd have thought it would need to be quite bad to give the vibration you're getting and in that case I would expect you'd notice a bit of judder when braking.

all the above plus do you have after market wheels on, if so do you have spigot rings fitted, if original wheels wont be this.

Thanks guys, I'll investigate ur suggestions and I'll let u know how it goes! Nice one!!!