Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 Fiesta Engine fan

Ballie_3

Hey guys. . I am fairly new on this forum so apologies if i have posted this wrong.

I have noticed that quite alot lately the engine fan has been coming on when i have got to whereever i am going. whether this is just a short journey, or the 16 miles to and from work. im not one to fly around everywhere at 100 miles an hour and have checked the oil, water etc, just wondered if anyone has had this on their car or whether im just worrying too much.

any feedback would be appreciated

I think this has been discussed before. I think the MK7 owners worked out it was air con that caused it. Aparantly the air con put the fan on, also the air con sometimes comes on on its own, so that it keeps working through the cold times so that it still works in the warmer times. As if you dont run it regularly it will break down. Shame these cars dont have temp gauges as I have mentioned previousley.

Otherwise... you should only really have the fan come on when youre crawling in traffic at the height of summer...

Keep us posted :)

Thanks for your quick reply! i thought i was probably worrying too much over nothin at all . . Will keep an eye on it and let anybody know if it does turn out to be a problem :D

It is worth keeping an eye out for these things though. In the last year my fan has only come on once! But I don't have air con and my engine is dieing. !Removed! Mk.IV's eh? Got a Mk.VII on order though, can't wait! :)

my first car was a mk 4. . i loved it. . . brilliant little car, doesnt even compare to my mk 7 though, the second i sat in it at the British Motorshow i knew i just had to have one.. . you most certainly will not be dissapointed when your new car arrives :D

Yeah i know! The first time i saw one I was absolutely amazed! I just looked around it for an hour! Probably the first car of the decade thats actually ahead of its time! There is just nothing that compares, nothing else reaches this standard, in this class. Ford haven't let me down yet! You just can't get a better car without moving to a different class of manufacturer, even then you wouldn't get so much for the money. Infact its so good that i am actually worried about parking it, anywhere!

yea i know what you mean about the parking. i know it sounds big headed but i always try to park away from other cars because i am so paranoid about somebody hitting my car with their door. . always find that no matter where i park there is always somebody parked up close to me in the most scuffed and scratched car in the whole car park!

what colour and spec are you getting and when are you expecting it? i hear that lots of people are waiting for a long time from ordering to actually taking delivery of their new car. . i had to wait around 6 weeks for mine, was the longest 6 weeks of my life!

yea i know what you mean about the parking. i know it sounds big headed but i always try to park away from other cars because i am so paranoid about somebody hitting my car with their door. . always find that no matter where i park there is always somebody parked up close to me in the most scuffed and scratched car in the whole car park!

what colour and spec are you getting and when are you expecting it? i hear that lots of people are waiting for a long time from ordering to actually taking delivery of their new car. . i had to wait around 6 weeks for mine, was the longest 6 weeks of my life!

On order a fully specced titanium with everything except the bodykit. Ordered 21st March, I expect it during the first fortnight of June. It's not big headed though, worrying about the car... To be honest, I have no business buying this car, but hey you only live once! and there is no point kicking the bucket with a bank balance is there!?!

Anyway, theres a lot to be said about the advantages of buying a new car! There is nothing to worry about in comparison to buying a used car. Plus you actually get what you want, instead of what someone else wanted a decade ago!

:)

I know what you mean about the parking, the new fiesta doesn't come with any door protection strips. The way people park or don't park is a bit of a worry, my door protectors on my present fiesta are a bit scuffed. My mate had his front bumber ripped off by a little old lady when parked in the local co-op, she was spotted and just drove off. He had PNC but still cost him his excess of £100.

I normally have an excess of £250 to get my insurance quote down, but I have a older car.

Would it be better to reduce the excess and pay more for my insurance on a new car?

I know what you mean about the parking, the new fiesta doesn't come with any door protection strips. The way people park or don't park is a bit of a worry, my door protectors on my present fiesta are a bit scuffed. My mate had his front bumber ripped off by a little old lady when parked in the local co-op, she was spotted and just drove off. He had PNC but still cost him his excess of £100.

I normally have an excess of £250 to get my insurance quote down, but I have a older car.

Would it be better to reduce the excess and pay more for my insurance on a new car?

IMHO new car repairs cost more than old car repairs. So I would say have a minimum excess on a newer car, and then claim when you need too, then on an older car increase your excess and have a lower premium, then just pay repairs yourself! cos it will cost less

I,ve got a quote for the new fiesta, it's about £35 more with £250 excess. I'll reduce the excess and see what happens. It's just i've never had to make a claim and I hate the idea of paying more for my insurance. I think you are right, it's so annoying we have to pay more on a "what might be"

I,ve got a quote for the new fiesta, it's about £35 more with £250 excess. I'll reduce the excess and see what happens. It's just i've never had to make a claim and I hate the idea of paying more for my insurance. I think you are right, it's so annoying we have to pay more on a "what might be"

Yeah its a pain isnt it! It's those !Removed! boy racers putting the insurance up! I have only ever bought the cheapest possible insurance, at the end of the day its a legal requirement and thats all it is! Try "ecar" insurance. Also noticed on fords website they are offering a 19% discount on their own insurance so check that as well. Also even after you have the cheapest possible quote, phone up a major player like churchill and see if they can beat it, that way you get cheap cover and quality cover rolled into one!

I did the Ford Insurance quote and it was the most expensive! I'm in my 40's, 10 years no claims and it was quoting me nearly £600 so god knows what you younger peeps would be like. I need to sort out insurance now as my free 7 days cover is up on Wednesday.

:o I've got tomorrow off cos I've just walked 26.2 miles for the Moonwalk. Will be spending the day with my car :)

Well done you :)

I did the Ford Insurance quote and it was the most expensive! I'm in my 40's, 10 years no claims and it was quoting me nearly £600 so god knows what you younger peeps would be like. I need to sort out insurance now as my free 7 days cover is up on Wednesday.

:o I've got tomorrow off cos I've just walked 26.2 miles for the Moonwalk. Will be spending the day with my car :)

Well done for doing the moonwak! :) :) Also be sure to check insurance out on confused dot com

Thanks guys :)

I'm on so many compare websites its all confusing. I think it will be £300 plus for me. :(

On topic, i've not noticed anything about the fan but I do miss the engine temp gauge.

I'm on so many compare websites its all confusing. I think it will be £300 plus for me. :(

On topic, i've not noticed anything about the fan but I do miss the engine temp gauge.

Totally agree with you on that jma.

I got mine through esure, think it was £270 or so for a nil excess and protected no claims - have only been driving 5 years so thought that was a fantastic price. You could also have a look at quidco.com, they give you cashback, I got £70 with the esure policy.

I got mine through esure, think it was £270 or so for a nil excess and protected no claims - have only been driving 5 years so thought that was a fantastic price. You could also have a look at quidco.com, they give you cashback, I got £70 with the esure policy.

I tried quidco but wasnt sure if my parking sensors added after the factory and at the dealer was a modification but the AA said its not. I'll know for next time. £300, £150 excess, protected no claims so I am happy with that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club