Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark Plug Socket

justgotast170

Gents, looking for a good quality 3/8 " drive socket. any suggestions please.

thanks daz

Halfords advanced 14mm,16mm deep socket or 21mm deep socket are good, got a few with my snap on stuff. Made on the same production line I believe ? But yet much much cheaper in Halfords.

As above Halfords professional range is good quality stuff and does take some hard abuse!

If you really wanted to spend a fortune then snap on but just how much use are you going to get out a spark plug socket?

Nathan I haven't heard that one.. Possible though

Nathan I haven't heard that one.. Possible though

Yeh how true it is I don't know, heard it a few times and next to my snap on and bluepoint stuff it's identical markings etc with two lines just Halfords stamped and not snap on/bluepoint :) might just be a coincidence though, but still decent quality for the money.

Yeh how true it is I don't know, heard it a few times and next to my snap on and bluepoint stuff it's identical markings etc with two lines just halfords stamped and not snap on/bluepoint :) might just be a coincidence though, but still decent quality for the money.

Sounds very likely then. Yeah I think for the diy mechanic or even trade use that Halfords professional range performs very well.

I regularly use my Halfords tools well beyond what they should be used for, the only thing I have broken so far is an Allen socket. I'm really surprised the 1/2 600mm breaker bar hasn't given in yet!!

Trade discount knocks off 20% too, although their prices are steadily going up all the time.

Most of my tools are Halfords professional stuff only ever managed to brake allen key socket which was replaced free, Pretty good quality imo, and i work on heavy plant

Most of my tools are halfords professional stuff only ever managed to brake allen key socket which was replaced free, Pretty good quality imo, and i work on heavy plant

Wasn't a 6mm by any chance? :lol:

Is it the 14mm Spark Plug Socket for the Focus 16 Tivct Spark plug. ?

daz

I would say so I think the size in mm on these refers to the size of the thread the thread/bore of the plug is 14mm, the actual hex part of it is 16mm, I just used a 16mm long socket then use a screwdriver with a piece of plastic tubing pushed over the end to take the old plugs out (tubing grips the and insert the new plugs/start them off

As a home mechanic I don't think you need to spend much. My long sockets (8-19mm chrome vanadium) cost about 8quid for my local hardware store years ago and they are still going strong/like new.

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

Wasn't a 6mm by any chance? :lol:

think it was?

think it was?

It's the only size I have ever broken too lol. Rather it shattered in my mates face when he was holding the strut so I could get the top mount off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club