Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Over Heating. :( Help!

RooBaby
聽Share

Hi guys!

I've only recently bought my street ka and already have had issues with over heating and loosing coolent. It turned out to be the coolent tank (it was cracked in several places) which I've now had replaced.

Since it's been replaced I would have expect everything to be normal but the engine is still getting too hot and flagging up the temp light on the dash when I'm town driving. The only way I can get the temp to drop is to put the heater on (this is the way we redirect heat in the classic minis when it's a hot day)

What is causing the over heating? I've been told I don't have an air lock in the coolent system because if have heat coming from the heater. Could it be the thermostat?

Please help! 馃槬

i would change the thermostat. it's a cheap part to replace

Does the fan come on? May need a new switch if not but best to replace thermostat anyway as its cheap enough.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah fan is on quite quick when the engine warms up. I had an idea it could be the thermostat. Problem is.... This car is far too modern for me and I haven't a clue! >_<

Will source a new one and attempt my first repair!

Thanks guys 馃槉

Really easy check thermostat just feel two pipes out rad if one stone cold thermostat stuck closed

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Okay..... Sorry to be annoying but I'm looking at thermostats etc...

Do I need the whole lot? The housing, gasket and thermostat? Would this be recommended?

Or can I just buy the individual thermostat and a replacement gasket from uni part.

The difference being around 拢80 for the gen ford thermostat housing with gasket and thermostat or 拢20 from uni part for the thermostat and gasket.

Thanks again for ya help!

Many thanks! Will order now. 鈽猴笍

some comes with a gasket made onto the thermostat so may not need to buy a gasket

I was just looking at that.

Marvellous

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club