Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta suspension WARNING

slimfast

Hi Twick

anymore news?

No not yet... Spoke to Ford today and they are going to be speaking back to the garage. I will phone them again tommorrow.

No not yet... Spoke to Ford today and they are going to be speaking back to the garage. I will phone them again tommorrow.

Hi

Has anyone heard from Ford regarding these coilsprings at all? they do tend to drag their feet,their main customer services branch are no help whatsoever and never return phone calls.

I hope it doesnt affect the 2008 Fiesta's... Im due to collect mine next week!!! :o :o

I hope it doesnt affect the 2008 Fiesta's... Im due to collect mine next week!!! :o :o

Hi Matt1987...I would seriously advise you to ask the question of the dealership that you are purchasing your car from.if they tell you that your car is not affected by these faulty springs ask for it in writing on ford headed paper and signed by the manager,i bet you that they wont do it.the thing is read all of the these posts on this subject basically Ford do not give a !Removed!,they know of the problem but don't care.you could also ask where your car was built.apparently i was told it only affects cars built in Cologne but again that's bullshit as another forum members car was built in Ireland and his spring collapsed as well [i think at 17000 miles] whilst driving.above all take care.

regards slimfast

I have a sneaky feeling that my one was built in Cologne, as it has been shipped from Holland... not an import, but through a Bristol Street Ford dealer.

Although the guy's on here was an import from Ireland, doesnt mean to say that it wasnt built in Cologne, as i dont think Ford have a production line in Ireland but i may be wrong.

To all you guys that have had problems, do you mind posting the first part of your VIN???

To all you guys that have had problems, do you mind posting the first part of your VIN???

hI GREAT IDEA,....where is the vin on the car? is it as you open the drivers door on the bottom frame?

I think it may be under your bonnet, or on the dash board near the passenger side.....

I have made some progress. I e-mailed pics and a letter to customer service. Te Ford dealer has arranged collection of my car at their expense and it has just gone off there.

I won't get it back before end of week, they say. They won't be repairing both sides at the mo unless I pay for the second side but I will speak to customer service about this and hopefully will get it done as gestrure of goodwill. I will let you know. I have also e-mailed the dealers head office who will be in contact with me. I have heard all sorts of stuff that it is because there are so many potholes in the area (from the dealer) well the pot holes aren't on the drivers side are they?

Had you realised that customer service staff have an allocated "call out" time of 2 hrs? Mine can only call out between 10.30am and 12.30am?

(It would be too expensive to buy a trailer for ourselves by the way)

Matt - i'll see if I can find the VIN

I have made some progress. I e-mailed pics and a letter to customer service. Te Ford dealer has arranged collection of my car at their expense and it has just gone off there.

I won't get it back before end of week, they say. They won't be repairing both sides at the mo unless I pay for the second side but I will speak to customer service about this and hopefully will get it done as gestrure of goodwill. I will let you know. I have also e-mailed the dealers head office who will be in contact with me. I have heard all sorts of stuff that it is because there are so many potholes in the area (from the dealer) well the pot holes aren't on the drivers side are they?

Had you realised that customer service staff have an allocated "call out" time of 2 hrs? Mine can only call out between 10.30am and 12.30am?

(It would be too expensive to buy a trailer for ourselves by the way)

Matt - i'll see if I can find the VIN

Hi storm....is your car still under warranty?if so they have to do both sides for free as they did with mine.springs are supposed to be good for at least 60000 miles,they know they have a KNOWN fault with these springs,springs are supposed to be changed in pairs.as for the excuse of potholes what a cheap shot that is,they will be asking you to wash the car carefully in case the paint comes off.this allocation time is crap as well,so that means if you are unavailable at those times TOUGH,well that must suit them.what about your daughters car?

regards slimfast

I think it may be under your bonnet, or on the dash board near the passenger side.....

Hi Matt1987,hope i have this right my vin number is WFOHXXWPJH5C67242,hope this helps i found this clearly marked on the passenger side looking in at the corner of the windscreen.

Have just concentrated on my car for now.

The regional director for the Ford dealers I use says this is not a common fault as far as he can see and there is no reason to suppose the other spring will go - so they will only do the one - I just got an e-mail from him.

I will speak to customer service tomorrow, they are ringing between 10.30 and 12.30 - I'll see if they will do the other side as a gesture of good will.

I got a quote from the recovery company this morning and the quote was 70.50 to take the vehicle so that in itself was worth pursuing.

I'll keep you posted.

Hi Matt1987,hope i have this right my vin number is WFOHXXWPJH5C67242,hope this helps i found this clearly marked on the passenger side looking in at the corner of the windscreen.

Mine starts the same as yours Slimfast - the last 5 digits being the engine number which is obviously different - I'll check my daughters later

Mine starts the same as yours Slimfast - the last 5 digits being the engine number which is obviously different - I'll check my daughters later - yep it starts the same.

Have just concentrated on my car for now.

The regional director for the Ford dealers I use says this is not a common fault as far as he can see and there is no reason to suppose the other spring will go - so they will only do the one - I just got an e-mail from him.

I will speak to customer service tomorrow, they are ringing between 10.30 and 12.30 - I'll see if they will do the other side as a gesture of good will.

I got a quote from the recovery company this morning and the quote was 70.50 to take the vehicle so that in itself was worth pursuing.

I'll keep you posted.

MY GOD, what a shower of LIARS they are,what they are saying conflicts directly to what i was told by my own Ford dealership & they read that out to me directly from the computer screen.i was also told that if either or both springs failed that BOTH were to be replaced & a special zinc plate put in place.please do not let this stand,i really think the heat is starting to tell.obviously Ford do not want the expense of a recall but to flatly deny the existance of this fault is dreadful.i think the line "as far as he can see" speaks volumes as in he obviously does not want to open his eyes.the memo must have been sent to ALL ford dealerships not just some.please pursue this for both springs & the zinc plates,in fact you could mention that about the plates and watch their faces.

Well have done a VIN Check and it seems as though it is a product of Ford Germany - Cologne, and the assembly point is in Valencia, Azamuja. The product source is ALMUSAFES, SPAIN.

Mine starts the same as yours Slimfast - the last 5 digits being the engine number which is obviously different - I'll check my daughters later - yep it starts the same.

have you checked out what matt1987 has posted it looks like all these cars have the same coilspring fault and FORD KNOW ABOUT!

have you checked out what matt1987 has posted it looks like all these cars have the same coilspring fault and FORD KNOW ABOUT!

Hi i have not been able to get hold of my vin number yet. I am still fighting with Ford Direct. What they are saying now is the suspension springs are consumables therefore not covered under the warranty ..Er....

Even though my car is an import from Ireland it has been built elsewhere.

I will keep you posted.

Hi i have not been able to get hold of my vin number yet. I am still fighting with Ford Direct. What they are saying now is the suspension springs are consumables therefore not covered under the warranty ..Er....

I will keep you posted.

Oh just located my vin number from log book it WFOHXXGA

I will keep you posted.

Hi twick, what you are being told is utter crap,just check the miles you have done [very low mileage]get back onto Ford & let them know about this forum & the amount of cars with exactly the same fault,contact watchdog again.Ford are giving there customers the runaround,what is really !Removed! me off is FORD KNOW ABOUT THIS FAULT.obviously they do not want to be paying out for these repairs & are risking peoples lives its absolutely disgusting don't let them get away with this.

Oh just located my vin number from log book it WFOHXXGA

Yours looks like this:

Its a product of Ford Germany - Cologne.

Product Source - Cologne, Germany.

Assembley plant - Dagenham, Cologne, Ipiranga.

Oh and dont let ford fob you off over the warranty, they tried to do this with my dad, but he parked his artic wagon over the entrance of the local bristol street motors, and they soon changed their tune!!! Dont take no for an answer, and dont leave until they agree a repair!!

Yours looks like this:

Its a product of Ford Germany - Cologne.

Product Source - Cologne, Germany.

Assembley plant - Dagenham, Cologne, Ipiranga.

Oh and dont let ford fob you off over the warranty, they tried to do this with my dad, but he parked his artic wagon over the entrance of the local bristol street motors, and they soon changed their tune!!! Dont take no for an answer, and dont leave until they agree a repair!!

THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT.matt1987 is 100% correct,FORD KNOW THEY HAVE THIS PROBLEM,the customer is right.

THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT.matt1987 is 100% correct,FORD KNOW THEY HAVE THIS PROBLEM,the customer is right.

Had a phone call from Ford Direct today and they have refused to pay for the car. The garage have told them it is down to wear and tear and spead humps and pot holes in the road. So i have to stunt up the cost of the repair.

I tried telling them that its not down to wear but it is obviously a manufacturing defect but they are dennying it.

Had a phone call from Ford Direct today and they have refused to pay for the car. The garage have told them it is down to wear and tear and spead humps and pot holes in the road. So i have to stunt up the cost of the repair.

I tried telling them that its not down to wear but it is obviously a manufacturing defect but they are dennying it.

No No No No No..... dont pay what so ever. Seriously you now need to go to trading standards / watchdog and maybe even the press????? Im sure their motoring sections in the newspapers might be interested in this!!!

Update - I have got my car back. It hasn't cost me anything ( at first I was told I was liable for getting it into Ford for warranty repair) but just the one side has been repaired.