Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta suspension WARNING

slimfast

Hi just joined today to give an account and a very real warning regarding fiesta suspension.let me make this quite clear this only affects certain fiesta's [maybe fusion's as well]those built in Cologne and shipped here not too sure on year as dealership would not divulge the info,enough to say that mine is an 06 model & apparently it affects fiestas before and just after that date.

my fiesta has only done 7824 miles,on monday 17/03/08 i returned to my car opened the door sat in the drivers seat and i was met with an almighty CRACK sound,similar to someone firing a gun at close proximity,REALLY LOUD.now bearing in mind it had only just been in for its second service at the main dealer i thought it best to check around the vehicle & under it....nothing un toward it seemed.so i started her up and went to move off...an almighty grinding noise made me swiftly stop.not being a car mechanic i called the AA out.it was very clear to them exactly what was wrong...the coiled tension spring on the suspension had split/broken,to quote "never seen one like that before".he really was quite aghast at how it had broken & the circumstances [being stationary].his actual words were "lucky you weren't driving at speed".

This brings me to Ford,having been carried in as the vehicle could not be towed whilst the AA were un hitching my car i went to the ford service desk.my first question was if the car was still under warranty for the suspension which i suspected it was.i was asked how old my fiesta was ,just on 2 years ,.mileage [7824].it was then that i explained to the service guy exactly what had happened and gave him my reg no.his answer somewhat filled me with despair quote " OH ! YEAH,I CAN SEE FORD KNOW THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FIESTAS ....mumble mumble...AH THOSE BUILT IN COLOGNE...YOURS INCLUDED"

iT WAS THEN THAT I ASKED IF YOU KNOW ABOUT IT WHY ARE YOU NOT RECALLING THEM?his answer was Ford do not think it important enough to call them in.if there is a problem and the customer points this out they will replace both springs & ALSO FIT A SPECIAL ZINC PLATE.......HELLO IS THIS NOT IMPORTANT.as the AA guy pointed out to me quote " there is a lot of sensitve gear were this had broken & the piece that came off could have caused allsorts of problems, a blow out or jammed the brakes"and yet Fords don't think it important to have a recall.

i was informed by ford that my car would be fixed by wednesday [19 03 08] guess what it hasn't and why because they can't source the parts & this being a Ford main dealership.

PLEASE ANYONE WITH A FORD 05 AT LEAST TO EARLY 07 AT LEAST PLEASE GET YOUR CAR CHECKED OUT OR AT LEAST FIND OUT IF IT CAME FROM COLOGNE BEFORE SOMEBODY IS HURT OR WORSE

My Dad has a 55 plate Fiesta, and guess what.... the other week his suspension went kurplunk! Only while he was driving though!!! He wasnt told about any problem Ford are having, i suppose they try and keep that quiet, but he did get his repaired within a week, and also got a courtesey car. All this was after much argument though!

I dread to think what would of happened to my dad, his wife and baby if they were going 70mph on a motorway!!!

Hi just joined today to give an account and a very real warning regarding fiesta suspension.let me make this quite clear this only affects certain fiesta's [maybe fusion's as well]those built in Cologne and shipped here not too sure on year as dealership would not divulge the info,enough to say that mine is an 06 model & apparently it affects fiestas before and just after that date.

my fiesta has only done 7824 miles,on monday 17/03/08 i returned to my car opened the door sat in the drivers seat and i was met with an almighty CRACK sound,similar to someone firing a gun at close proximity,REALLY LOUD.now bearing in mind it had only just been in for its second service at the main dealer i thought it best to check around the vehicle & under it....nothing un toward it seemed.so i started her up and went to move off...an almighty grinding noise made me swiftly stop.not being a car mechanic i called the AA out.it was very clear to them exactly what was wrong...the coiled tension spring on the suspension had split/broken,to quote "never seen one like that before".he really was quite aghast at how it had broken & the circumstances [being stationary].his actual words were "lucky you weren't driving at speed".

This brings me to Ford,having been carried in as the vehicle could not be towed whilst the AA were un hitching my car i went to the ford service desk.my first question was if the car was still under warranty for the suspension which i suspected it was.i was asked how old my fiesta was ,just on 2 years ,.mileage [7824].it was then that i explained to the service guy exactly what had happened and gave him my reg no.his answer somewhat filled me with despair quote " OH ! YEAH,I CAN SEE FORD KNOW THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FIESTAS ....mumble mumble...AH THOSE BUILT IN COLOGNE...YOURS INCLUDED"

iT WAS THEN THAT I ASKED IF YOU KNOW ABOUT IT WHY ARE YOU NOT RECALLING THEM?his answer was Ford do not think it important enough to call them in.if there is a problem and the customer points this out they will replace both springs & ALSO FIT A SPECIAL ZINC PLATE.......HELLO IS THIS NOT IMPORTANT.as the AA guy pointed out to me quote " there is a lot of sensitve gear were this had broken & the piece that came off could have caused allsorts of problems, a blow out or jammed the brakes"and yet Fords don't think it important to have a recall.

i was informed by ford that my car would be fixed by wednesday [19 03 08] guess what it hasn't and why because they can't source the parts & this being a Ford main dealership.

PLEASE ANYONE WITH A FORD 05 AT LEAST TO EARLY 07 AT LEAST PLEASE GET YOUR CAR CHECKED OUT OR AT LEAST FIND OUT IF IT CAME FROM COLOGNE BEFORE SOMEBODY IS HURT OR WORSE

Hi please can anyone tell me how can i tell if my Fiesta was built in Cologne i have a 55 plate????

On Thursday i experianced a load crack which continued with a grinding noise when driving forward. I am wondering if i have got the same problem with the suspension.

Hi please can anyone tell me how can i tell if my Fiesta was built in Cologne i have a 55 plate????

On Thursday i experianced a load crack which continued with a grinding noise when driving forward. I am wondering if i have got the same problem with the suspension.

YES, this is exactly what happened to mine,if you read the fiesta warning thread.please get it checked do not drive the AA GUY THAT GOT MY CAR TO THE MAIN DEALER WAS AGHAST AT THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE FAULT...GET IT CHECKED.you can get your car checked at the main dealer by giving them the registration no.if your car was not built in Cologne it must mean that Ford have got a larger problem than what they are letting on to.

I agree with slimfast... I would be on the dealers back asap

Hi got my car checked out today and guess what it is the suspension....car is now in the hands of the dealer.

Hi,are they going to charge you or is it being repaired under the warranty?how many miles has it done? did the car come from Cologne?these questions are really important as i have contacted WATCHDOG & i hope for a reply soon.

Hi,are they going to charge you or is it being repaired under the warranty?how many miles has it done? did the car come from Cologne?these questions are really important as i have contacted WATCHDOG & i hope for a reply soon.
  • Like 1

Hi not sure yet... Green flag took the car in to the dealers. I am just glad i was not driving as the weather was bad so things could have been a lot worse. like you it was virtually stationary.

I will speak to them tomorrow. My car has done just over 17,000 and is an import from Ireland. will keep you posted.

Hi not sure yet... Green flag took the car in to the dealers. I am just glad i was not driving as the weather was bad so things could have been a lot worse. like you it was virtually stationary.

I will speak to them tomorrow. My car has done just over 17,000 and is an import from Ireland. will keep you posted.

Hi Twick

If you have time contact Watchdog & tell them it really is that important,some people might not be as lucky as we have been.it seems to me that ford are possibly lying by saying that it only affects cars from Cologne as yours came from Ireland.

Hi Twick

If you have time contact Watchdog & tell them it really is that important,some people might not be as lucky as we have been.it seems to me that ford are possibly lying by saying that it only affects cars from Cologne as yours came from Ireland.

Hi Twick

Hi Twick

Hi Slimfast

I emailed watchdog last night to help get them to look into this issue...

It is frustrating knowing someone could be hurt. I was on my way to pick my son up and the weather was bad this c ould have been a lot worse.

If anyone else reading this please notify watchdog if you have had similar problems before someone is hurt.

Hi Slimfast

I emailed watchdog last night to help get them to look into this issue...

It is frustrating knowing someone could be hurt. I was on my way to pick my son up and the weather was bad this c ould have been a lot worse.

If anyone else reading this please notify watchdog if you have had similar problems before someone is hurt.

Hi twick

many thanks for keeping us informed.i have had a phone call today to say that my car is now repaired and ready to pick up on saturday.it was taken in on the 17/03/08 and has only a taken a mere 11 days to fix.....what a joke that is for a main ford dealership.the main reason for the delay is that they couldn't source the parts.this tells me that they are doing more of these repairs than they would like to own up to.i only hope that nobody is seriously hurt or worse and that ford do the decent thing and recall the affected vehicles.i have also started a thread elsewhere and somebody who use to work for fords has stated that fords have always had a problem with there springs.he cannot be sure if it is down to cheap metal or the heating process in the making of the coils.i hope that when you have your car repaired that they replace BOTH springs as they have done on mine.apparently they have also put some form of a covering on the springs as well,i wont know anymore until i pick the car up.PLEASE IF ANYBODY ELSE IS HAVING THE SAME TROUBLE CONTACT WATCHDOG IT MAY HELP SAVE SOMEBODY'S LIFE as fords cannot it seems be arsed.

FORD....Fixed Or Repaired Daily

Hi twick

many thanks for keeping us informed.i have had a phone call today to say that my car is now repaired and ready to pick up on saturday.it was taken in on the 17/03/08 and has only a taken a mere 11 days to fix.....what a joke that is for a main ford dealership.the main reason for the delay is that they couldn't source the parts.this tells me that they are doing more of these repairs than they would like to own up to.i only hope that nobody is seriously hurt or worse and that ford do the decent thing and recall the affected vehicles.i have also started a thread elsewhere and somebody who use to work for fords has stated that fords have always had a problem with there springs.he cannot be sure if it is down to cheap metal or the heating process in the making of the coils.i hope that when you have your car repaired that they replace BOTH springs as they have done on mine.apparently they have also put some form of a covering on the springs as well,i wont know anymore until i pick the car up.PLEASE IF ANYBODY ELSE IS HAVING THE SAME TROUBLE CONTACT WATCHDOG IT MAY HELP SAVE SOMEBODY'S LIFE as fords cannot it seems be arsed.

FORD....Fixed Or Repaired Daily

Just been to pick up my car this morning,FORD M53 HIND STREET BIRKENHEAD couldn't tell me what the cover on the spring is for all they would say is that 2 metal zinc plates have been fitted either side with 2 new coil springs.i asked for a covering receipt to say that the work had been done but that was met with all warranty repairs are held on the computer service records for the vehicle and as such no paper work is passed on to the customer.so,what happens if i sell my car on privately?what if i am asked by a potential customer if the springs have been replaced? i had to ask for the original AA PAPERWORK BACK at least this proves that the car was towed on a flat bed truck to fords and more importantly why!

SO ANYBODY HAVING THESE COIL SPRINGS FITTED TRY IF YOU CAN TO GET SOME FORM OF A RECEIPT MORE SO IF YOU ARE UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO HAVE TO PAY FOR THE WORK DONE.

When i had the initial argument with FORD M53 HIND STREET BIRKENHEAD about a courtesy car and even phoned the main customer services branch in essex [i think] i must have rattled a few cages as when i went to pick up my car it had been parked in a pile of broken glass not outside the service department but alot further away under a bridge flyover nice touch eh! i have had quite a few marques of cars in my lifetime but have never been treated as bad as this place.I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN & WILL NOT TAKE MY CAR FOR A service AT M53 FORD HIND STREET BIRKENHEAD EVER.they have no idea of customer satisfaction there basic skills are so lacking really extremely poor.take this morning the service guy when i turned up immediately said i have been off for a week IS YOUR CAR READY?a voice from the back of beyond said yes.he then got my key and gave it me.i had to ask where the car was parked he didn't know no one knew,so i asked him if he would come with me and try and find it,what great customer relations this builds NOT!

Listen guys [& girls] i could rant on all day about this but PLEASE IF YOU KNOW ANYBODY WITH A FIESTA PLEASE PLEASE WARN THEM & IF POSSIBLE CONTACT WATCHDOG if enough of us do this maybe Ford will actually do something about it.SAFE DRIVING.

Just been to pick up my car this morning,FORD M53 HIND STREET BIRKENHEAD couldn't tell me what the cover on the spring is for all they would say is that 2 metal zinc plates have been fitted either side with 2 new coil springs.i asked for a covering receipt to say that the work had been done but that was met with all warranty repairs are held on the computer service records for the vehicle and as such no paper work is passed on to the customer.so,what happens if i sell my car on privately?what if i am asked by a potential customer if the springs have been replaced? i had to ask for the original AA PAPERWORK BACK at least this proves that the car was towed on a flat bed truck to fords and more importantly why!

SO ANYBODY HAVING THESE COIL SPRINGS FITTED TRY IF YOU CAN TO GET SOME FORM OF A RECEIPT MORE SO IF YOU ARE UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO HAVE TO PAY FOR THE WORK DONE.

When i had the initial argument with FORD M53 HIND STREET BIRKENHEAD about a courtesy car and even phoned the main customer services branch in essex [i think] i must have rattled a few cages as when i went to pick up my car it had been parked in a pile of broken glass not outside the service department but alot further away under a bridge flyover nice touch eh! i have had quite a few marques of cars in my lifetime but have never been treated as bad as this place.I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN & WILL NOT TAKE MY CAR FOR A SERVICE AT M53 FORD HIND STREET BIRKENHEAD EVER.they have no idea of customer satisfaction there basic skills are so lacking really extremely poor.take this morning the service guy when i turned up immediately said i have been off for a week IS YOUR CAR READY?a voice from the back of beyond said yes.he then got my key and gave it me.i had to ask where the car was parked he didn't know no one knew,so i asked him if he would come with me and try and find it,what great customer relations this builds NOT!

Listen guys [& girls] i could rant on all day about this but PLEASE IF YOU KNOW ANYBODY WITH A FIESTA PLEASE PLEASE WARN THEM & IF POSSIBLE CONTACT WATCHDOG if enough of us do this maybe Ford will actually do something about it.SAFE DRIVING.

Hey listen up,just phoned the main customer services department for Ford and asked them directly why are they not recalling these vehicles and there answer was quote"Ford will not issue a recall until the figures are significantly high enough to start alarm bells ringing"so i said to them that mine failed at 7824 miles whilst stationary somebody elses failed at 17000 miles whilst moving not at a great speed,what happens if somebody is at motorway speed? he understood my concerns but as yet the failure rate is not significantly high enough to force a recall.so i asked would it take a death to make them look at it?i was given the same reply as before.so let's recap.....FORD KNOW OF THE PROBLEM WITH THE FAULTY COIL SPRINGS BUT WILL NOT RECALL THE VEHICLES UNTIL IT REACHES A SIGNIFICANT LEVEL......WHAT LEVEL? HOW MANY CARS?...LET'S FACE IT PEOPLE WE THE CUSTOMER ARE SECONDARY.as soon as i can i will sell my vehicle and return to NISSAN OR TOYOTA o.k. their prices are a little bit more but their customer care & satisfaction in my opinion is far greater to that of FORD.in this day of dog eat dog you would think that somebody as big as ford would listen up a bit and take pride in their product and customer satisfaction.

ANYONE WANTING TO PHONE FORD CUSTOMER MAIN service THE NUMBER IS 0845 841 1111...LET THEM KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

typical ford... did you contact watch dog? per haps we should also add a number for that too

typical ford... did you contact watch dog? per haps we should also add a number for that too

Hi Steve

good point,type in watchdog into a google search & there are varying ways to contact them email,phone [automated] letter.

I'm pleased I found this forum. It has just happened to me this afternoon. Fortunately the car was stationery and in the drive. It is a 55 reg (December 05) and I have had it from new. It has done 12000 miles. I dread to think what could have happened.

More worrying is the fact that my daughter bought one a month before me in the November from the same dealer. She has done 24000 miles. I can't believe we weren't recalled or warned - absolutely unbelievable. I won't be able to contact the garage until after the weekend but I'll let you know how I get on and what they will do about my daughter's car.

I'm pleased I found this forum. It has just happened to me this afternoon. Fortunately the car was stationery and in the drive. It is a 55 reg (December 05) and I have had it from new. It has done 12000 miles. I dread to think what could have happened.

More worrying is the fact that my daughter bought one a month before me in the November from the same dealer. She has done 24000 miles. I can't believe we weren't recalled or warned - absolutely unbelievable. I won't be able to contact the garage until after the weekend but I'll let you know how I get on and what they will do about my daughter's car.

Hi Storm and welcome to the Ford are !Removed! show,sorry if that sounds bad it's just the way i feel right now.if you have time please do contact the ford main customer services & also watchdog.i don't know if you can afford to get your daughters checked out by the AA,rac or greenflag if Ford don't want to know.Fords customer services told me today that it's highly unusual for a spring to break at 7824 miles & yet yours has only done 12000 miles from new.let us know how you get on.cheers colin

Here is a pic of it . I only realised what had happened at 3 this afternoon so I haven't been able to do anything about it.

P3290040.jpg

The thing is that I have always loved Fords, I have had 3 Granadas and a Scorpio. I downsized when I got the Fiesta :rolleyes:

Here is a pic of it . I only realised what had happened at 3 this afternoon so I haven't been able to do anything about it.

P3290040.jpg

The thing is that I have always loved Fords, I have had 3 Granadas and a Scorpio. I downsized when I got the Fiesta :rolleyes:

Yep,that could be my car,i got one of the last before they changed it over to the frog lights etc.same colour,alloy wheels....SAME !Removed! PROBLEM,[except mine is fixed for now!!.i have no faith in fords at all now.was your car recalled for a problem with one of the pedals? i can't remember which.

Yes both mine and my daughters were recalled for a small thing like a clip or a washer.

My hubby will jack it up tomorrow and have a look then call the dealer when he has seen what it is.

Do you know it is the first brand new car I've ever bought. They were a good price because the new style was coming out.