Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta suspension WARNING

slimfast

Yes both mine and my daughters were recalled for a small thing like a clip or a washer.

My hubby will jack it up tomorrow and have a look then call the dealer when he has seen what it is.

Do you know it is the first brand new car I've ever bought. They were a good price because the new style was coming out.

Yeah how typical is that,something that costs a couple of pence & they have a recall.the AA Guy told me when mine collapsed that springs usually don't break like that in fact they don't normally go until well after 60,000 in normal use.this info might be of use to you because sure as hell if your car is out of the warranty period they will try and get out of paying for it.but if you can let them know that you are well aware of the problem with the springs they might just repair it [fit 2 new springs & plates] for free.be prepared for a fight though.

good luck

Here is a pic of it . I only realised what had happened at 3 this afternoon so I haven't been able to do anything about it.

P3290040.jpg

The thing is that I have always loved Fords, I have had 3 Granadas and a Scorpio. I downsized when I got the Fiesta :rolleyes:

Hi Storm and welcome to the Ford are !Removed! show,sorry if that sounds bad it's just the way i feel right now.if you have time please do contact the ford main customer services & also watchdog.i don't know if you can afford to get your daughters checked out by the AA,rac or greenflag if Ford don't want to know.Fords customer services told me today that it's highly unusual for a spring to break at 7824 miles & yet yours has only done 12000 miles from new.let us know how you get on.cheers colin

Hi storm

Sorry you have encountered the same problem.

The recall was on the clutch pedal mine has never been right since.

Guess what.... Mine is black too looks exactly like yours. 1.4 Ghia

Are you contacting watch dog?

Thanks for the customer service number. Ford warranty doesn't cover getting the car to the dealer, I will have to arrange that. I don't subscribe to AA, RAC or similar. The Ford dealer asked me to see if my insurance would cover it which I did and it doesn't (I didn't think it would).

I am fortunate in that I don't need the car. I'll let you know what happens next. Unfortunately the guy local to us who does my sons and husbands cars is on holiday this week. I might wait for him to get back to see if he can help. When my son got a tow from the AA for his car ir cost 90 quid.

PS It is a 1.25

I will prob contact watchdog once it is confirmed and sorted

Thanks for the customer service number. Ford warranty doesn't cover getting the car to the dealer, I will have to arrange that. I don't subscribe to AA, RAC or similar. The Ford dealer asked me to see if my insurance would cover it which I did and it doesn't (I didn't think it would).

I am fortunate in that I don't need the car. I'll let you know what happens next. Unfortunately the guy local to us who does my sons and husbands cars is on holiday this week. I might wait for him to get back to see if he can help. When my son got a tow from the AA for his car ir cost 90 quid.

PS It is a 1.25

I will prob contact watchdog once it is confirmed and sorted

Hi storm,i really wouldn't allow Ford off the hook so easy.really lay it on nice & thick let them know that many more fiesta owners are having the same trouble & that ford have known about this problem & had they let you know you could have taken the car in BEFORE the coil spring collapsed.let them know you will be contacting Watchdog.they may arrange to pickup the car for you.here is a thought if you join the AA YOU are the one who is covered NOT the car so if you were to take out the cover that gets you to the garage of your choice [approx £80 i think,check out the net] that means you could get them to take you to fords,and if in the worst case scenario it happens to your daughters car you could jump in the car and say that you were in the car as the AA covers the driver not the car.just keep it in mind that mine had to be taken in on a flatbed truck,how expensive could that be.i know it seems alot but it might not be in the long run.

Hi

I have hit bad news regarding mine. The warranty does not cover the car because it is an irish import.

I am now dealing with ford customer services to negotiate.

The price they have given me is over £500 that includes two springs and two tyres as the suspension has damaged the tryes.

Hi all

Couple of pics for you. Hubby jacked the car up this afternoon. The spring had snapped as you had all suggested on the bottom coil. The spring had then unwound down the length of the strut and was rubbing against the tyre.The snapped end was rusty so had probably been fractured for a while. Both Ford main dealer and local Ford garage have been unhelpful. We will see if we get any more luck tomorrow now that we have proof of the fault.

P3310041.jpg

P3310045.jpg

Hi

I have hit bad news regarding mine. The warranty does not cover the car because it is an irish import.

The price they have given me is over £500 that includes two springs and two tyres as the suspension has damaged the tryes.

Hi twick....this is outrageous,what difference does it make because it is an Irish import?!.so because mine comes from Cologne that's o.k.WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A MAJOR FAULT ON COIL SPRINGS.it seems to me that it doesn't matter where your car comes from FORD ARE STILL FITTING WITH THESE INFERIOR COIL SPRINGS.contact Watchdog again with this new information,this is absolutely dreadful,Ford should be ashamed with themselves.please don't let this be.what would have happened if you had of been doing motorway speeds?look what happened to your car at mimimal speed...damaged tyres at speed does not bear thinking about.

regards colin [slimfast]

Hi all

Couple of pics for you. Hubby jacked the car up this afternoon. The spring had snapped as you had all suggested on the bottom coil. The spring had then unwound down the length of the strut and was rubbing against the tyre.The snapped end was rusty so had probably been fractured for a while. Both Ford main dealer and local Ford garage have been unhelpful. We will see if we get any more luck tomorrow now that we have proof of the fault.

P3310041.jpg

P3310045.jpg

That piece you have in your hand is an EXACT REPLICA of mine.how can two springs break in exactly the same manner if there isn't an engineering fault?THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL.PLEASE CONTACT WATCHDOG,other forum members are WE NEED TO GET THIS HIGHLIGHTED BEFORE SOMEBODY IS KILLED.

regards colin [slimfast]

Hi, I have just e-mailed Watchdog. My daughter has one as well don't forget - and does a sixty mile round trip each day in it so this is a cause of concern to me.

Hi, I have just e-mailed Watchdog. My daughter has one as well don't forget - and does a sixty mile round trip each day in it so this is a cause of concern to me.

Hi Storm how did you get on today with Ford?

Hi twick,anymore news about yours?have you still got warranty left?

Hi twick,anymore news about yours?have you still got warranty left?

Should ave more news tommorrow. The dealers where my car have contacted Ford direct again they are being very helpful with this problem.

Do you think this effects new Fiestas? (Mines is 2008)

Hi rafster,welcome to the forum.if you read my first post you will see that they[fords] or rather the dealer is not sure as to which cars it affects we know it is fiestas but it might be fusions as well.i have heard from a former ford worker who told me that coil springs have been a major concern to ford since 1995.maybe you should try and do some investigative work,i don't know myself but it seems to me that if they are trying to charge twick [a forum member] £500 to fix his coilsprings it might be thathey are trying to keep the whole thing hush hush.if i were you i would contact watchdog and tell them of your concerns.the more that do this the better.who knows 5000 miles down the line it could happen to you.

regards colin [slimfast]

I rang customer service yesterday who promised to ring back today but I haven't heard back. We have hit a stumbling block about me having to pay to get the car transported to them. They flatly refuse to pay for transportation or to even arrange it. I have sent them (and various Ford dealers) an e-mail of complaint with the photos attached.

If I have no luck I have decided to get the repair done by my local reliable garage . I am really busy at work and will end up losing money if I spend too long on this - I also will get both sides of the springs done and we have decided to get our daughters done for the sake of safety and peace of mind. I know that I am fortunate to be able to do this.

I will keep in contact and if I hear from Watchdog I will pursue this. I will make sure I get the faulty spring back as well. If any of you need support with Watchdog please let me know if I can help.

I'll be back when I have more news.

I rang customer service yesterday who promised to ring back today but I haven't heard back. We have hit a stumbling block about me having to pay to get the car transported to them. They flatly refuse to pay for transportation or to even arrange it. I have sent them (and various Ford dealers) an e-mail of complaint with the photos attached.

If I have no luck I have decided to get the repair done by my local reliable garage . I am really busy at work and will end up losing money if I spend too long on this - I also will get both sides of the springs done and we have decided to get our daughters done for the sake of safety and peace of mind. I know that I am fortunate to be able to do this.

I will keep in contact and if I hear from Watchdog I will pursue this. I will make sure I get the faulty spring back as well. If any of you need support with Watchdog please let me know if I can help.

I'll be back when I have more news.

Hi storm

This is exactly what ford done with me NEVER PHONED ME BACK,they are an absolute shower of t-----s.if you do this and pay for your own repairs ford have won.i totally understand what you are saying.maybe if you contact watchdog again and explain to them and tell them roughly the cost FOR THE TWO CARS & PEACE OF MIND FOR YOUR DAUGHTER.the other thing you can do is join the AA as i have mentioned before.

REGARDS SLIMFAST

Hi storm

This is exactly what ford done with me NEVER PHONED ME BACK,they are an absolute shower of t-----s.if you do this and pay for your own repairs ford have won.i totally understand what you are saying.maybe if you contact watchdog again and explain to them and tell them roughly the cost FOR THE TWO CARS & PEACE OF MIND FOR YOUR DAUGHTER.the other thing you can do is join the AA as i have mentioned before.

REGARDS SLIMFAST

I know what you mean - the local chap won't cost as much as Ford ( I know I have a warranty ) plus he is reliable. He is on holiday this week and when he gets back I will ring him and see what he says. I haven't made a final decision yet -will wait to see if Ford get back to me and for the other one to get back from holiday. Watch this space :rolleyes:

I know what you mean - the local chap won't cost as much as Ford ( I know I have a warranty ) plus he is reliable. He is on holiday this week and when he gets back I will ring him and see what he says. I haven't made a final decision yet -will wait to see if Ford get back to me and for the other one to get back from holiday. Watch this space :rolleyes:

What i would suggest you do is get breakdown cover. if you join today you are covered straight away then get them to move it tomo. I had to do a similar thing but i went through my insurance for breakdown.

Like you i am still waiting a reply from Ford Direct.

What i would suggest you do is get breakdown cover. if you join today you are covered straight away then get them to move it tomo. I had to do a similar thing but i went through my insurance for breakdown.

Like you i am still waiting a reply from Ford Direct.

WISE WORDS i think from twick.if you do join the AA as i said before it covers the person not the car.as long as you have warranty left at least get fords to fix it.in this respect when you come to sell the car on it will show on the cars history that the work has been professionally carried out by a ford dealership,this is in no way a slur on your own private garage repair center.then if you have any concerns about your daughters car you could have that checked out as well even push it for fords to replace the springs as a matter of safety bearing in mind you bought both at the same place,you could even hint at repeat future custom.hope this helps.dont forget the AA membership would be for 12 months & who knows when you might need them and at least it will not be as expensive as having to cars repaired.

AA suck as much as ford dealers IMO.. RAC or Greenflag are better

Good luck with those suspension issues guys. I think there will be more interest in this thread soon as people are picking up on it

AA suck as much as ford dealers IMO.. RAC or Greenflag are better

Good luck with those suspension issues guys. I think there will be more interest in this thread soon as people are picking up on it

My point is that if storm joins the AA at least she can have either or both fiestas dragged in & it will not cost them other than the AA fee.

My point is that if storm joins the AA at least she can have either or both fiestas dragged in & it will not cost them other than the AA fee.

Thanks for all the tips - all points taken on board.

I think my hubby wants a dolly? and tow it himself. Think he wants one to have for future use - he has a series 3 Landrover 1979 that he is always tinkering with and my son is car mad as well. Could tow it ourselves then.

Hi

Hi Twick

anymore news?

Hi Twick

anymore news?

No not yet... Spoke to Ford today and they are going to be speaking back to the garage. I will phone them again tommorrow.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club