Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Puma Idle And Rev Hanging

Leejd

Hi, I'm currently building a 1.4 puma rally car I'll be using the standard 1.4 engine but I'm struggling to get it running right. It idles at 1500rpm and when dropping from higher revs holds at 2000rpm only noticeable thing is when the clutch is pressed the revs drop straight to 1000rpm but then climb back to 2000rpm currently I have changed the tps and icv every vacuum pipe coming off the throttle body and cleaned the butterfly I've also cleaned the maf I've replaced the clutch position sensor and the power steering sensor is fine but the problem is still the there I've tried to disconnect the maf and speed sensor but both just make the car stall straight away, any help would be really appreciated also today I've changed the camshaft breather under the inlet manifold that did have a split

• 1 month later...

Hi

I had the sort of same thing with my 1.7 track car. I thought it was the map it was running as it develops 147bhp at the wheels, but it turned out to be the vehicle speed sensor. Now it only stays a little high if the front wheels are off the floor and the engines running, soon as I put the brakes on its fine and drops to 850rpm

Done know if this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club