Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4500 Serial Number "not Found"?

chauhan174

Hey guys this is my first post on the forums.

I bought a 2002 (52 plate) Ford Fiesta Zetec yesterday but the stereo system is locked. Its the "4500 RDS E.O.N" triple dash model.

Ive found a keycode in the glovebox but it doesnt work and the stereo makes me wait 30 mins before attempting again.

My question is how do I find the serial number without tearing into the dash because of Forda stupid design?

Ive tried the method of holding 6 and then tapping 2 but all that happens is the system displays "Not Found". Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance guys, any help would be much appreciated :)

Sent from my LT26i using Ford OC mobile app

So I've seen from all my research online :/ I have no idea why this is happening. I've tried 6 and 1 and some wierd letter code and number code kept alternating on the display. I did 6 and 3 too and it did a speaker test. 6 and 2 has been showing the message "Not Found" and I'm seriously stumped.

If you noticed a long number beginning with V or M then that would be your serial number.

If you can't find that on the screen then it will be necessary to remove the radio to check the label.

That involves about 15 screws and dismantling the heater control cables which is a faff.

And as a commonly used online code creator advises-

post-28494-0-21678800-1396835711_thumb.j

I found a serial number but I think it might be the wrong one. The serial number for M066713 is 6162. This code doesn't work though and i get the 30min countdown and one more attempt wasted.

This is making me thing that the serial number is not the right one so I need the 6 and 2 method to work as I dont really fancy paying £25 to have it done for me. I have seen that video but for the sheer amount of ballache that would cause, Id prefer to just change the unit out for a more modern one with an aux input to be honest

Hi my friend you will have to look at videos on Youtube and bring out the stereo (there are at least three), it is a pain but it is worth it.... normally at the top of the stereo box itself someone have probably written the four digit code with felt tip marker, it was on mine when I bought a second hand 4500 Stereo.

Hope it helps. Happy unscrewing!!!

Thats exactly what I was hoping to avoid but I guess I'll have to dive in there with a screwdriver or 2. Thanks for the advice :')

The code is correct for that serial number.

It's either the wrong serial or the radio has a fault.

Yeah I've found the code online as well as it being in the glovebox so I know that it matches the serial number. I'm thinking the previous owner had the unit replaced as there are scratches by the CD player where a clip may have caused damage. Or maybe it was reprogrammed if it's possible.

If you bought the car with the stereo asking for the code and there's signs of removal then I would guess that the previous owner knows of this problem. Do you have any contact details for the previous owner so you could perhaps ask if they know anything about the situation? Did you check the radio when you bought the car if it was asking for the code then?

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

I'm in the process of getting the dealer to pay for the code as its in the receipt or the car. He has no idea what it is if it isnt the code in the glovebox

Well that's some good news let's hope you get the radio working or a new one fitted free.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah hopefully I'll get it working. Im still really confused as to why the unit doesn't want to share it's serial number with me though. Nobody I've asked has any idea why this is happening.

It's a possibility that it may have been recoded at some point due to a lock-out.

TBH replacement OEM radios are pretty reasonable on eBay if yours defeats you.

That seems like the most likely scenario imo. Yeah if I cant do anything then thats my only solution. If I can pay £50 for a new and much improved radio then £25 for a code for a dated CD player is not worth it.

When eBay has them listed for £30-£40 and someone there is offering a 4500 repair service for £99.99 it sort of makes the repair service a bit pointless.

Yeah it is ridiculous that they charge that much. I find it even more ridiculous that Ford are asking for so much when I haven't permanently locked the system and I purchased the car legally. If it was £10 then id consider it.

• 5 years later...

Hi guys

I have a ford fiesta mrk5 06 reg, with the 4500 radio, i know the serial number, its the 4 digit code i need to input into the sterio for it to work, anyone got a code i could choose? Thanks guys