Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration In Accelerater Pedal...

Gazst170

Seeking some advice please. When im on the motorway doing 70 and over I seem to get a vibration in the accelerater pedal. I can seem to feel it at lower speeds.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gary

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

There are many things that can cause vibration on a car (eg, loose suspension joints/ mounts, bushes, engine mounts, imbalanced wheels etc) but it sounds like it could be the DMF

Getting the wheels balanced (1st) is realatively inexpensive, won't do any harm and will eliminate one thing at least

Might sound stupid here what is the dmf?

Ive just been looking up what dmf is. Am I right in thinking its the flywheel on the clutch?

If it is my car has had

Fly wheel assy.

Clutch kit.

Cylinder assy.

Fitted about 25000 miles ago would this likely to have failed so soon? Got the wheels balanced about a month ago.

DMF = dual mass flywheel, normally fitted to diesels but fitted to some petrol-engined cars like the ST170

Its unlikely to have gone already, unless the car is driven very hard (drag/ racing starts etc) - as you probably well know you can wreck your tyres or cook your brakes in a couple of laps of hard racing, or wright-off your clutch/ trans in a single 1/4-mile run

In normal use it has been known for a DMF to fail at such a low mileage but is uncommon - did you get a pattern DMF, genuine Ford or a solid conversion?

How bad is the vibration? is it a low frequency or high frequency?

I suggest you get an old-school mechanic to drive the car (a "real" mechanic) who could probably tell straight away wat it was, as describing something like this online is difficult (eg- a "noise" or a "vibration")

Thanks for your replies. Its only slight vibration nothing drastic butim one of these I like things to be right. It was changed before I bought the car but receipt shown it was done at ford. Il take it to my mechanic in the week and see what he thinks. Thanks again.

Gary

It is on a st170 nothing shakes drives fine its just at over 70 on the motorway you can feel it vibrate in the accelerater pedal. Thanks again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club