Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help St Seats Weight?

PaulR1993

Does any body know how much a full set of Focus ST Recaro seats weigh as I have found a set but as I live near Inverness and the seats are in Sunderland. Parcel force wants to know how much they weigh before they give me a price but I have no idea how heavy they are. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I think you can safely say the fronts are around 25/35 kg each rear seats I'd say around 20 kg both halfs together the rear back rests around 30 kg together .

your better of using a courier who deal with this sort of stuff like paisley freight but check reviews first!

Managed to get someone to pick them up get them on Friday :). Anyone know if there is a guide to swapping the seats?

Dont know of any guide but its really really simple.

4 bolts on both front seats, undo tip seat forward disconnect wires from bottom, remove

Rear seats a lil more tricky, bottoms are as simple as undoing the bolts on the front and then remove.

The backs need dropping forward and looking at where they attatch at the side at the bottom you need something like a long flat head screwdriver to rotate a locking dial type clamp and then lift out when installing the new rear seats the clamp closes when the new seats are installed.

Perfect thank you :))). Looking forward to tackling it :)

Out of curiosity how much do leather recaros sell for these days?

Already have a set but just curious.

A Highlander then

Just to add that you are supposed to disconnect the battery as a safety measure if swapping the seats in case the airbag(s) are triggered

If the seats are heated you may need extra switches/ wiring etc to get that feature to work

As FOCA says, disconnect the battery (at least 20 minutes prior to working on the seats), this will dissipate any residual power in the airbag circuit.

An airbag going off is no fun if you're too close to it plus it ruins the seat stiching in the process.

Only thing I can recommend is to tape up the edges of the front seat runners because if you catch the plastic trim around the door or centre console when removing and installing you will gouge it drivers seat can be a bit tricky to get in and out cos of the steering wheel but apart from that pretty easy you will need to get a single point seat belt anchor for the rear near side the offside double will fold under the split you could adapt the near side one but where you would stand mot wise if it was spotted I don't know .

Yer they,ll fit no probs mine are out of a two door as well. Remember to cover the sharp runner edges up when fitting

I just got some cleaning rags and taped them to the runner with insulation tape (after I had learnt the hard way) .its just that the drivers one is a bit awkward getting out cos of the steering wheel .

That's great buddy I will defo use them :). Looking forward to getting them fitted :). Need to finish cleaning them first :')

Seats all fitted and cleaned up no issues at all :). Will upload pics tomorrow :). If anybody is after an original set of Focus Zetec seats give me a shout :)