Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help

nonsuch

Have got 2005 focus tdi & recently it won't start it says steering assist failure . Some times it starts & drives fine .I have put key in ignition & gone from mark 1 to 2 several times & this sometimes works & it starts some days it works all day but just lately it won't start at all .been to a few garages but they don't no what it is .would be most grateful if anyone can help many thanks

Have you checked condition of the earth leads and tested the battery?

Also when you say it won't start does the engine crank over or do you simply get a clicking sound from the starter motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

When it don't start it don't turn over at all its as if the immobileliser is on . Sometimes when its going I lose all power & all the lights come on & I get steering assits failure but I pull over give it a min & its all ok again when this happens the heated front window does not work either .thank for your help

Is the battery getting/holding charge?

I had something very similar on my previous car (MG) and the alternator was giving up the ghost and not fully charging the battery.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club