Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Vibration

punchy56

Hi everybody,I own a V plate ford focus estate,I'm experiencing vibration through the car at 60mph to 70mph,I've had the front wheels balanced but it has'nt cured it,I've also had a new clutch 6 months ago,any explaination or feedback would be greatly appreciated many thanks in anticipation,Graham.

Is the vibration through the steering wheel or can you feel it through the seat?

When you had the front wheels done did you get the rears checked for alignment/balance?

Thanks for your response captain peanut,just getting vibration through the steering wheel mate,and no I hav'nt had the rear wheels balanced.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

buckled wheel? warped front discs? a bulge on a Tyre/not running true? track-rod ends IE balancing and aligned?

buckled wheel? warped front discs? a bulge on a Tyre/not running true? track-rod ends IE balancing and aligned?

And faulty driveshafts may cause same problem.

Edited by Megado

Thanks for that mate,I don't think it's warped discs or track rod ends,because it's just gone through an MOT,think it's more likely to be a driveshaft problem,just concerned it's related to the new clutch I had fitted 6 months ago.!

Thanks for that mate,I don't think it's warped discs or track rod ends,because it's just gone through an MOT,think it's more likely to be a driveshaft problem,just concerned it's related to the new clutch I had fitted 6 months ago.!

No prob. will it make vibration when you rev. your engine in neutral? If it then DMF is faulty.

No mate,no vibration,when you rev the engine in neutral,but contrary to what I originally posted I now think the vibration is through the car,but still only at 60-70mph,so any more ideas would be greatly appreciated,cheers.

Could be rear wheels need balancing, try swapping front to back to see if the vibration changes.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club