Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.2 Tdci Custom Remap Kent

predatorpaul

Hello there, im looking to get a custom remap on my mondeo 2.2 tdci with decat, fmic, egr delete pipe and k and n panel filter, i am wondering where is best in or near Kent to get this done and is it best to get it done where there is a rolling road? Any help would be great.

I have spoken to enigma in ashford who use evolution chips for there remaps, got quoted 300 to 375 for a custom map, has anyone used them or evolution chips? Also he said the economy map would be best, does this sound right?

I have spoken to enigma in ashford who use evolution chips for there remaps, got quoted 300 to 375 for a custom map, has anyone used them or evolution chips? Also he said the economy map would be best, does this sound right?

Best for who? which is more important to you, performance or economy?

In a nutshell:-

a remap (including Bluefin) will make a big difference to the car many craiming to be "custom" maps are not

A k&n panel filter makes very little difference to a mk3 - 2hp max and possibly better throttle response and slightly reduced lag compared to a clean stock filter (1/6th of the price or less) + the k7n allows smaller dust particles through that the stock one does not - a gas-flowed airbox with a stock filter flows better than a stock airbox with a k&n - cone filters loose power

the biggest restriction in the exhaust is in the back-box, don't waste your time with a decat unless you are fitting a better (high-flow) back-box

What kind of EGR delete pipe were you going to use?

I have figures for a 2.2 where fitting a larger FMIC made it slower (in gear acceleration) than stock due to the increased lag

i also have figures where remappers/ tuners are claiming 180Hp when its only producing 135Hp at the wheels - watch out for exaggerated claims +"highly tuned" dynos - sometimes better to go with a tuner/ remapper with a long/ good reputation with "realistic" claims

thanks for the reply, I have a pipe in place of the egr and put a blank plate on the small pipe from the exhaust. I will have to get a back box/system before the remap now then too.. I removed the airbox pipe were it joins to go up to the front of the car inside the front of the wheelarch to flow better as there is a massive restriction there.

I am worried about what your saying about these exaggerated claims so thought i better see if anyone has heard of or used enigma or evolution chips you see..

thanks for the reply, I have a pipe in place of the egr and put a blank plate on the small pipe from the exhaust. I will have to get a back box/system before the remap now then too.. I removed the airbox pipe were it joins to go up to the front of the car inside the front of the wheelarch to flow better as there is a massive restriction there.

The pipe that goes between the intake of the airbox to the air intake (just in front of the radiator) s about 50mm, it is effectively a cold-air-intake, and works well for a stock or mildly-tuned car, if you remove any part of it, you are liable to loose power as heat from the engine / radiator can make its way into the wing area, it will also make a lot more noise (giving the illusion of more power) and the dust/ dirt from the road/wheel can make its way to the filter (contaminating the filter quicker and potentially getting into the engine if you are running a k&n panel filter)

Best to put the stock air intake back on or make/ fit a properly insulated CAIS, or isolate/ insulate the engine bay from the wing if your intake is in the wing - doung this is only worth the hassle if you are going to go a lot bigger than the stock 50mm - say 70, 80 or 90mm like me

You can fit a blanking plate to the EGR cooler (at the back, comes off the exhaust manifold) and remove the EGR pipe completely - this will reduce lag slightly as it reduces the volume/ heat loss between the manifold/ turbine

You have removed the EGR valve and fitted a smooth pipe in its place?, does it mach the inlet manifold exactly? as a small step may cause turbulence

Again, a remap alone makes a big difference then the other things a much smaller difference - seems like you are keen to modify your car though

You should get some pictures up