Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Gps Head Unit

negendahl

Hey guys,

Have any one fitted any aftermarket GPS head units?

Mostly just curious if its worth the money, i had a look at this:

http://www.car-vision.co.uk/ford-navi-dvd/8147-driveaudio-ford-fiesta-2008-2012-gps-bt-dvd-ipod-rds-dab.html

I'm not entirely convinced that I will need it, and if I should get it, just want to hear about some experiences :)

Thanks,

/Mick

morning, its a nice peice of kit but ive only ever seen 2 people do it, ut can work perfectly but from what i hear its a total pig to wire in as its not plug and play apprently plus you need to wire in new antennas for the dab and the gps units but if you could buy it and take your car to a car audio expert im sure they will fit it for you and get it working 100% but i fear you would pay through the nose for it

morning, its a nice peice of kit but ive only ever seen 2 people do it, ut can work perfectly but from what i hear its a total pig to wire in as its not plug and play apprently plus you need to wire in new antennas for the dab and the gps units but if you could buy it and take your car to a car audio expert im sure they will fit it for you and get it working 100% but i fear you would pay through the nose for it

Hmm, okay. Was planing on doing installation my self, kind of a tech geek ;) but when you day it like that i get my doubts.

I'm wondering why they didn't just put the GPS-antenna on the top of the screen cover, would be a clear line to the sky always, but who knows :)

Anyone know the product i liked to? Seems a bit pricey, but other solutions i saw require moving the original screen to a new location, and to be honest I think it looks like crap! :D

Thanks for the reply

if your willing to give it a go then just find the wiring diagram from a haynes manual and you should be set, but having a look at the kit and you dont get any off the antennas with it so you would have to source them too, you would need the ISDB-T the fm adaptor the gps and the dab if you wanted those functions

yh the only other one ive seen is from china of eBay but i wouldnt touch it lol and yh thats the only other way to go get a double din facia and then youd move the top screen back a bit with the kit and fit any double din radio you like then you could wire the gps and everything in again, i think the one in your link would look better but changing the complete radio would work better in my mind and i looked into it but it was far too pricey for me seeing as i wont have my car too long, but it worked out at £1000 or a little under for the complete double din with a pioneer radio touch screen and gps all the gadgets so to much for what you get imho

if your willing to give it a go then just find the wiring diagram from a haynes manual and you should be set, but having a look at the kit and you dont get any off the antennas with it so you would have to source them too, you would need the ISDB-T the fm adaptor the gps and the dab if you wanted those functions

yh the only other one ive seen is from china of ebay but i wouldnt touch it lol and yh thats the only other way to go get a double din facia and then youd move the top screen back a bit with the kit and fit any double din radio you like then you could wire the gps and everything in again, i think the one in your link would look better but changing the complete radio would work better in my mind and i looked into it but it was far too pricey for me seeing as i wont have my car too long, but it worked out at £1000 or a little under for the complete double din with a pioneer radio touch screen and gps all the gadgets so to much for what you get imho

£1000? Wth! :D

It says in their website GPS antenna is included.

Dont really need ISDB-T.

FM adapter?? Do i need an adapter for the normal FM radio to work? lol.. tough it was a standard plug.

I have to pay around £475 including delivery to Denmark.

Decided not to go for it, a bit too pricey i must admit.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club