Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snap On Solus Ultra Predicts....

JOC14

P010F, V0121, V0140, P010F, P0622, C1956, B1318, V261B, V1900 And.... V2199

quite a lot of codes anybody have any quick fixes, somebody has mentioned my turbo hose may be split? hence the really bad whooshing sound on acceleration coming from the screen vent?

All help is really thankful, come on guys!! thanks.

quite a lot of codes anybody have any quick fixes

scrappers would be the quickest fix :lol:

sorry couldn't resist

have you looked up what all those codes mean?

• Like 1

a few was sensors, like air mass flow etc, tbh I jotted the codes down quickly but if need be I will plug my machine back in for the brief description. or maybe google them but might aswell use the machine lol

Whooshing from the engine is most definitely a split intercooler hose.

Do you find that it gets louder as you accellerate and sounds like a hoover revving?

Have you had the engine system fault message and light show up on heavy acceleration yet?

Look at the large rubber pipe on the drivers side of the engine which comes forward under the expansion tank and clamps onto a metal pipe, the rubber bit is the usual culprit.

The metal and rubber parts come as one piece from Ford and are approx £60, a silicone pipe to replace the rubber part only is £30 on eBay.

The split may be hard to see but look for a slightly damp area on the hose, the split may be on the underside though.

If the hose is the culprit then it will mess with air levels into the engine and likely throw the MAF readings out as well.

Change the pipe , reset the codes and test.

re the codes...take it the V codes, should actually be U codes

a right mix of codes, so agree with the above, clear them and see what, if any, reappear...but before doing that, need to source and fix that 'whoosh'..which as said, most likely a turbo hose

Whooshing from the engine is most definitely a split intercooler hose.

Do you find that it gets louder as you accellerate and sounds like a hoover revving?

Have you had the engine system fault message and light show up on heavy acceleration yet?

Thanks for the response, regarding the sound it does sound like a Hoover when accelerating and in heavy acceleration engine system fault appears on the dash. Any solution or would this be the split hose

Thanks

Definitely the intercooler hose then.

This is where mine went-

post-28494-0-39515600-1397156846_thumb.j

post-28494-0-03992900-1397156854_thumb.j

post-28494-0-54967900-1397156860_thumb.j

This is the bit you need, note the metal and rubber parts are sold in one piece.

post-28494-0-62468400-1397156868_thumb.j

It's cheaper to get just a silicone hose replacement off eBay and it will last longer too-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-8-TDCi-MK2-INTERCOOLER-TURBO-HOSE-SILICONE-C-MAX-1496238-BLACK-/121266583573?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c3c0d3815

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club