Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blue Fin ??

biggy119

hello guys I was looking at getting a blue fin chip wondering if any of you guys have come across this and would you recommend it ?

Yes, many FOC members have installed Bluefin remaps on their Fords, including me, it is much the same as a generic or "custom" remap exept you install it yourself, via the handset, you can remove the performance map and re-install the original map (that gets stored on the handset) at any time - this can be useful for a number of reasons (wife driving the car, car going to valet/ ga rage etc, snow/ ice conditions etc, or if you have a problem with the can not caused by the bluefin ( turbo playing up, leaky injectors etc ) and you want to detune it untill you get it fixed

Superchips (the company) can also download customised maps (one at a time, via a web pc) to the bluefin (the product) and the map may be transferred upto a year after purchase

Superchips is also a very well established company (est 1977) in an era of fly-by-hight (dodgy/ cowboys) remappers with good after-sales (i know from direct experience)

Not cheap at 359 quid though -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/Focus18TDCi115ps.pdf

Oh yes, the handset has an OBD code reader built in, works well

OK so bluefin it is then thank you ;)

I strongly endorse Bluefin, worth every penny.

One of my colleagues purchased bluefin for his Mondeo 2.0 TDCi, initially wasn't that impressed, so got hold of Superchips and they sent him another map to try.

Then he couldn't stop talking about how good it was!

It is amazing how much difference a map can make. I haven't had bluefin on my car but have had a PCM update (i.e. new map) and it made such a difference to the responsiveness of the car.

I had a bluefin installed on my Focus ST and I can highly recommend it. The difference on that car was staggering :D

Wreckon the gain would be worth it for a :

MK2 2.0L 145bhp petrol?

Alec

MK2 2.0L 145bhp petrol?

Alec

Unfortunately the gains are relatively small for a non-turbo engine/ car and even though a non-turbo bluefin is cheaper to buy(eg - £249, compared to £359 for the turbodiesel), probably not worth the money for most/ many people

I can only find the 128Hp 2.0 NA, you can see the power curve before/ after, the curve is almost identical from tickover to 5k, (so effectively it makes no difference to performance below 5k, and you need to rev the engine above 5k to get any advantage) then there is a lift at the top end - a 10Hp gain and it revs to 5.5k -

this is typical for NA (naturally asperated/ non turbo) engines, whoever the mapper is - the big gains (eg - 30 - 40Hp) are withe turbo engines

- http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/focus20.pdf

MK2 2.0L 145bhp petrol?

Alec

FOCA Is right. The gains are fairly small for the money. 8bhp on a mk 1 focus 1.8 if I remember right. But, there was a considerable difference in the car. Throttle response was much better and there seemed to be more power where I, personally, needed it.

Like almost everyone that has purchased their stuff, I would also highly recommend the company and products.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

I have it installed on my mk6 fiesta st and tbh I havent really noticed much of a difference, but like everyone says there isnt much of a difference on non turbo engines, I think the claim for mine was around 10bhp and 13nm of torque. Luckily I managed to get my handset for a steal on eBay at £45 and £115 for them to reprogram it to my car.

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club