Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Travelpilot Fx - Night Mode Lighting

Invisible Man

Anyone else have this unit?

During the day with bright sunlight the Display needs to be bright to be able to see it, but at night it is blinding.

I found an Auto function on it, but it makes no difference. Something broken, or are they all like this?

The brightness is linked to the dash lighting. When you turn that down using the wheel on the light switch the FX will dim as well.

I dont have one to dim the lights, just one to raise the level of the headlamps....

That's a bit of a bummer then. Was it fitted at the factory or was it fitted afterwards? If it is factory fit you will have the larger display between the dials on the dash which also provides the next turn indication to save you looking at the main screen each time.

Yeah factory fitted as far as I am aware. I have a larger display and the nav details come up on it.

I cam change the brightness through lots of messing in the stereo but it is blinding at night

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah I know how bright it is. I was fortunate enough to have the Focus Sport which had the dash light adjustment, so I could turn it down. It took me a while to find that they were linked though so spent several weeks being blinded at night beforehand.

You can buy a used switch on eBay with brightness adjusting knob already on it, this will allow you to control your brightness, with headlights on or off, straight swap and simple job to do, there are guides on the forum that shows how to remove the light switch

This will fit your car assuming it is 2010 focus

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK3-Ford-Focus-Headlight-Switch-with-dimmer-auto-/171273528002?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27e0b2a2c2

I have a guide for that under my posts when viewed on a PC.

• Like 1

Mine is the same, I don't have the dimmer knob either, and my stereo was factory fitted. I bought a switch off e-bay a couple of weeks ago, and it worked to dim the display, but the headlight height adjustment knob was broken so it had to go back. Haven't found another one since.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club