Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie with problem

Lauz

Hi all,

I am a new owner of a 54 reg silver StreetKa. I viewed and purchased the car on Friday 15th of May, On the drive home when it got dark I noticed the engine management light was on but it was very dim you could hardly see it, I called the sellers as soon as I got home and they said they had never noticed it.

Being slightly concerned I took it to a garage on Saturday and the mechanic took the dash off and pulled the cluster out to find a small piece of black tape had been placed over the light to hide it!

I again called the sellers who now are no longer answering my calls and have sent me an email saying it is no longer their problem and not to contact them again. :angry:

I am heartbroken that I have a bought my dream car from such dishonest devious people and have been advised its most likely the ECU needs replacing.

If it is the ECU is it expensive to fix?

Also

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 4pin O2 sensor or know what voltage should be on the signal wire from the ECU? I have been told this is 5 volts is this true as I am getting 0.05.

Also can you replace the ECU with a second hand one or does this need to be programmed by ford.

Sorry for all the questions just a newbie seeking help

Appreciate any advice you can give me.

Kind regards

Lauz

Hi all,

I am a new owner of a 54 reg silver StreetKa. I viewed and purchased the car on Friday 15th of May, On the drive home when it got dark I noticed the engine management light was on but it was very dim you could hardly see it, I called the sellers as soon as I got home and they said they had never noticed it.

Being slightly concerned I took it to a garage on Saturday and the mechanic took the dash off and pulled the cluster out to find a small piece of black tape had been placed over the light to hide it!

I again called the sellers who now are no longer answering my calls and have sent me an email saying it is no longer their problem and not to contact them again. :angry:

I am heartbroken that I have a bought my dream car from such dishonest devious people and have been advised its most likely the ECU needs replacing.

If it is the ECU is it expensive to fix?

Also

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 4pin O2 sensor or know what voltage should be on the signal wire from the ECU? I have been told this is 5 volts is this true as I am getting 0.05.

Also can you replace the ECU with a second hand one or does this need to be programmed by ford.

Sorry for all the questions just a newbie seeking help

Appreciate any advice you can give me.

Kind regards

Lauz

Hi Lauz

welcome aboard.... sorry to hear about your problem... i myself have a streetka on a 54 plate.. where did you get the car from? It seems like the car had a fault thats why they sold it... but selling it as good working order is not correct. :angry:

keep the original ad if it says sold in good working order etc

take it along to citizens advice & see how you stand as you maybe able to take

the matter further

the ecu will need re programing if you get a replacement regardless if it's second hand or not

they cost a load of dosk in the reason of £600 +

a friend had theirs go on their focus & that cost them £800

Is your car running sluggish,flat spots!!!

Did you notice any problems during the test drive!

Thanks everyone for your replies, Car runs perfectly and test drive was perfect, The only reason I noticed something was odd was when it got dark on the drive home and I could see the engine management light but it was so faint, I checked the manual which said it should come on full brightness when you start the car up then go off straight away thats why I took it to the garage and they discovered the tape!

Had quote today from local ford garage and its going to cost 550+parts+labour :( . Although they are not 100% it is the ECU now it may just be a faulty sensor so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the case and then it shouldn't completely bankrupt me.

Letter has been sent to the sellers under the 'Sale of Goods' act and hopefully they will at the very least pay these costs of part of them, although I would just like my money back and start again!

Apart from all the stress and money, I do love this car :lol:

Get your arl fella/brother to go down and smash his head in

LOL :lol: will try the legal route first .. x

what's the progress with the car ?

keep us posted m8

keep us posted m8

Shes a girl have some respect -_-

keep us posted m8

Ahhhh thanks for asking.... No news yet its going in to ford garage on wednesday to have a new sensor fitted and have the PCM reprogrammed (I believe??), If that doesn't fix it then its a new ECU, so keeping fingers firmly crossed.

If the car is running fine,I wouldn't bother too much.I would imaging if the ECU was faulty,it would run like schit!!!Hopefully it is a minor problem........ ;)

Any news on this? how did you get on?

Hi what a bunch of idiots i hope its fixed now chick.

is it all sorted now

if it is can you tell us what the problem was & the fix plzz for future reference