Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Safe & Legal???

WAZ91

hello all!

Fine weather moving in im going to be spraying my grill and engine cover,

Now i know this is proberly silly but wana make sure its safe to drive without the lower grill on cause its proberly no going to dry in time and i need the car for work.

also no harm in not having the engine cover on for a few days is there?

Many Thanks :D

Does the number plate not attach on to the lower grill?

I going to go ahead and congratulate myself here for being a complete fool.

Of course the number plate is attached to it so if have to put it somewhere else visible for a few hours.

I have never been quite sure of the law on putting the number plate somewhere else. I have only driven my car once with it in the front windscreen, and that was only for 5 mins taking it somewhere to get it refitted.

That aside, I can't see the problem, although it is in theory more susceptible to picking up bags, cups, etc (small animals, lol?), as long as nothing is hanging off.

Engine cover shouldn't matter either, engine just might sound a little louder.

When I sprayed my front grill I had my number plate in my windscreen for 2 days whilst driving.

Passed a few cop cars and never had any issues.

Can't comment on the having no grill in the bumper as I left mine in the bumper to spray it.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

law says furthers 2 points away from each other as possible on vehicle ..if its on dash plod will stop you cos its got to be able to be seen clearly ( not laying down) and not impairing your visibility ..lots of other issues ..spacing of letters correct colour must be clean etc ... i had a same thing .. need 2 numberplate screws .. pop down to halfrauds with plate on dash and ..ooops hello corky

Could always get a cheap crappy one to temporarily replace it?

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

The number plate also needs to be a certain angle from vertical (and not more) if the number plate is tilted back at too steep an angle it is not legal, examples of this is leaning back on the dash or an adhesive number plate stuck on the bonnet of a classic or racing car (they were popular with things like E-type jags)

http://www.google.com/search?q=e+type+jaguar&nord=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=u4VIU_LhLMi90QXZ24HwAw&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=713#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=QwbSZDtlHye0IM%253A%3BanJkc3k1xnqwTM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmotoren.files.wordpress.com%252F2011%252F05%252Fjaguar_e-type_1971_05.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmotoren.wordpress.com%252F2011%252F05%252F03%252Fjaguar-e-type-cavalcade-to-join-motorexpo-event-in-uk%252F%3B1600%3B1200

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club