Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clean Alloys

focusdriver

Could anyone recommend a good cleaner, and brush, for alloys. My Focus is just over a year old, and up to now shampoo has been fine but they could do with something a bit stronger I think.

This Autoglym Clean Wheels doesn't look too bad - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-Clean-Wheels-1-Litre/dp/B0011DVZGS

TIA :)

Myself I just use some fairy in water and a soft toothbrush, making sure they get a good rinse.

I use Autobrite Very Cherry (the non acid version) wheel cleaner. It's fantastic and the level of shine it leaves is brilliant.

I've tried pretty much all wheel cleaners and this is by far the best, don't bother with any others!

I also use an EZ detail brush (expensive but great quality will last - mines 3 years old and still fine!) with a small detailing brush.

+1 for Autobrite Very Cherry and the EZ detail brush :)

I've never tried the proper 'wheel cleaner' products, but what I use is some car cleaning soap in a spray bottle mixed with a little bit of water.

Spray that all over the wheels and leave it to soak, then (people will hate me for this) but use water and washing up liquid to give them a scrub, but wash it off quickly so that it doesn't start eating away at the wax on them

Since I've started using this method they come up looking great with little effort and is much cheaper than proper wheel cleaner stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Washing up liquid will remove any wax and polish you have on your wheels. Try a non acid cleaner then give your wheels a good coat of wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I use g101 and an ez brush.

makes light work of brake dust.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club