Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloys Refurb

sparkplug1988

Thinking about refurbing my alloys as they have seen better days. Have anyone refurbed there own. What's the best kit to use and how easy is it to do. Many thanks. post-49705-139729244235_thumb.jpg

Sent from my C1905 using Ford OC mobile app

I refurbed some alloys I got from a scrap yard once they come on looking brand new.

I sanded down any scuffs and gave it a light sand over every where else if you have any chips in it then you can buy a filling kit.

Next I brought some alloy paint spray from Halfords and done a light coat then left to dry then I kept repeating this process.

Only do a little coat at a time otherwise it will run and make sure you do this outside if it's warm even better I advise doing it on newspapers it can get messy.

After I was happy I then got some lacquer and applied to finish the paint also from Halfords

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thank you for the in depth information. Did you do it with the tyre on

Sent from my C1905 using Ford OC mobile app

Yea I used masking tape took me about a day to do then left them to dry nicely over night

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

post-49825-139783870046_thumb.jpg

I've started doing mine. When I got them they were in a worse condition than yours. post-49825-13978387747_thumb.jpg

Not sure which ones I like yet gun metal or Normal with re polished lip

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club