Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Short Lived Drive Home!

kingy94

So, after going to look at a mk6 fiesta ST last tuesday i decided it was meant for me and went to pick her up yesterday afternoon!

however only got a few miles away from the sellers house and BANG! drove straight into a pothole which was on the down side of a zebra crossing/speed bump which i didnt see :( front drivers side spring snapped so unable to drive home and had to get recovery out! I hope this isnt a bad sign for me and this car!

If it was marked up ready for filling you could claim from the council and get your money back. It's just one of those things don't lose heart you'll get it fixed and be able to enjoy then.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah, i dont think it was if im honest, i have pictured it and i am going to report it to the council. Hopefully wont be anymore damage other than the broken spring! drove spot on for the couple of miles i drove it for tho!

Bad luck bud!

It'll be fine once it's fixed. If I let crashing/bumps put me off, I'd have given up driving a long time ago! :lol:

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

i know mate was gutted!

yeah it will be so its not all bad news! the bank balance has taken abit of abuse recently tho haha but yeah i think that would apply for alot of drivers, me included!

• Like 1

Got the car back last night after work and was pleased to know it was only £75 to get fixed! Thought it could if been a lot worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Lucky you!

I'd still report the pot hole to the council then wait 24 hours and if it's not fixed, you can then claim.
Over-exaggerate the problem get a few $ outta them

Burst tyre, buckled alloy, Alignment out of track
atleast £2-400

Yeah I'm going to report it and claim if I can mate, thought it would of broken something else with the noise it made when it went!

Have you had the wheel rim checked too? A pothole that can snap a spring may have dented/buckled the alloy too? You would of course notice a big dent/buckle with 'wobble'/'shaking' through the car as you drive. If you are thinking of claiming through the council, you'll want to make sure you had everything covered (you don't want to find out when you next get your tyre changed that the wheel is buckled, and it's too late to claim then.

Lucky you!

I'd still report the pot hole to the council then wait 24 hours and if it's not fixed, you can then claim.

Over-exaggerate the problem get a few $ outta them

Burst tyre, buckled alloy, Alignment out of track

atleast £2-400

They'll want proof of that btw. Quote isn't proof it's done they'll want a receipt for payment.

But due to poor maintenence you'll he able to claim it's what road tax is for the upkeep of the highways. People do it all the time, can take a while but will cost you nothing to do.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

The wheel was checked at the time the spring was changed so that all fine mate, yeah I'll be reporting it and I have got the receipt from the garage and pictures of the pothole to prove