Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What are your reasons for choosing Ford

Helena

Reliable and British so I thought I would stick with them.

Fiestas for the UK are assembled in Cologne and Valencia!

But the reliability bit is OK. I've mostly owned Fords since 1959.

• 1 month later...

I don't really know to be honest. I definitely wasn't convinced by my Dad, he has a vendetta over Ford because he once had a bad example of a Mk.3 Fiesta and now he thinks all Fords are the same. :rolleyes:

I don't know, I was just looking for a car in March and my uncle suggested looking for a Focus. He said they were real "driver's cars". I automatically ruled them out in the past because I assumed the insurance would be too much on them. But I checked on confused how much a diesel Focus would be and it was only group 4!

So over the next week I looked on AutoTrader. Looked at all the diesel Focuses in my price range. And the best one happened to be this red estate. Which is still going strong after 3 months and a further 7,000 miles. :D

So, I'm very happy with Ford at the moment. Would definitely buy another.

You need to ask - just look at one in Squeeze Green!

I always buy a car with my heart and not my head and who could resist a nicely kitted up Mk7 Fiesta?

Typically being female, it was the looks that drew me to it initially last year. After much research I fell even more in love, reviews etc etc then seeing MY one in the showroom, then being shown the bluetooth and other gadgety things like that AND THEN the test drive in a black Zetec-S I was sold :D Well to be honest I was sold the moment I saw it but I'd like to think I'm not that fickle :lol: Plus my Mum owns a reliable (albeit very slooooowwwww...) Ka and my Dad had a Focus Zetec-S for many years and it never had any issues. So Ford have made a good name for themselves in my family.

Plus my Mum owns a reliable (albeit very slooooowwwww...) Ka

Oh Flic, don't let Noddy hear you say that--he's very protective of his brothers and sisters. :lol:

And, just for clarification, Noddy is a Sportka who is anything but slow............ ;)

Are you sure that it is wise to long for the VXR Artic?

Looking at that Paul, I'm glad I didn't get one!!

Oh Flic, don't let Noddy hear you say that--he's very protective of his brothers and sisters. :lol:

Well Apologies Noddy, but Ruby must be one of your slower cousins! I had the privilege of driving her on Monday when my alloy was being done. After a month of Fiesta loving I've never had such an uncomfortable drive! My ankle gets cramp with the horrendous seating position, the brakes feel like stepping in custard - Infact that might have more feedback - the gears feel like a stick in a bucket and the steering, ohhh the steering. Horrible!

Lets just say I was overjoyed to get Fabio back after a mere 4 hours apart :D

Well Apologies Noddy, but Ruby must be one of your slower cousins! I had the privilege of driving her on Monday when my alloy was being done. After a month of Fiesta loving I've never had such an uncomfortable drive! My ankle gets cramp with the horrendous seating position, the brakes feel like stepping in custard - Infact that might have more feedback - the gears feel like a stick in a bucket and the steering, ohhh the steering. Horrible!

Lets just say I was overjoyed to get Fabio back after a mere 4 hours apart :D

Is Ruby an old one then?

Kas are a bit like marmite--you either love them or you don't.

This is our third Ka and, as a second or fun car, they are ideal.

Janet has always wanted a Sportka so last Xmas I bought her a brand new one and she absolutely loves it. It is so responsive and the handling is excellent so overall we're very happy with it.

It's great fun to drive and a bit of a sheep in wolf's clothing too---I nick the keys when I can as it's totally different to my Fiesta.

To be fair, I prefer the Fiesta as the power range is bigger but Janet prefers Noddy.

What more can I say--if she's happy then so am I!

Result all round........... ;) B)

Well Ruby is a 52 plate base model 1.3 will no luxuries at all. She does have a cassette player though ;) The handling is somewhat terrifying, take a corner too fast and its comedy suspension makes you feel like you'll topple over! But my Mummy loves her, so that's all that matters. With just over 30k on the clock she's only a shopper car so it suits my Mum's needs. I just find the difference between that and my Fiesta staggering! Amazing how much Ford have come on really.

That's just what Janet said when she first saw me!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That really made me chuckle, Janet too no doubt :lol:

Oh and I loved my little Ka, now I feel like I am driving a big girl's car. My mum has always had Ford's since she had to get rid of her old style Beetle, and my dad - well he's a BMW man and they were too big and expensive for me. Saw the Fiesta in the dealer, bf thought it was too big for me (cheek) and it seemed better and not much more expensive than the all new Ka. So that was that!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club