Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Wheel Rumble

scottie1985

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

Hi any one that can give me some advice I say thanks in advance!

I've got a focus 1.6 tdci 2011 zetec s. My steering wheel is shaking. At speeds all the way up from 20 to 80 but more noticeable at around 60/70mph. Had wheels balanced they was fine had new dics and pads and still no change. Also seems worse 1st thing in the morning as it's been test drove by Mercedes mechanics and others and they can't find a problem (middle of the day test drives)

Wheel bearing or buckled alloy ide say is most likely

Neither of the above mate had them all checked.! I'm thinking maybe tyres? As the owner before me put real cheap budgets on it.

Ive had cheapos and they never did that its an expensive option but if the suspensions ok all else checks out then it must be the tyres if the rears are different you could swap them round and see if that helps

I'm baffled by it 2 totally different mechanics have looked at it and test drove it. I'm going to record my drive to work in the morning cause that's when it seems to rumble the worst. Cold tyres maybe! Random I know...!

suspension all ok?

lower wishbones, track rods, drop links, struts/springs. any play in those would give you the wobbles

also is the car tracking straight?

Nexus

All that you mentioned I believe the mechanics have checked, the tracking is out but not buy a lot.

are the rear two tyres the same as the fronts? swap them back to front and see if the shaking goes to the back

The back tyres are different but one on the back has UN even wear and a little bit lumpy tread. I'm goin to order some new tyres today! Can tracking make my steering rumble? I'll get the alloys switched around as well after the tyres have been changed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club