Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats The Average Age Of B Max Drivers?

Sliveredge

So i got the b max as a family car but was wondering am i the youngest at 25? Mates are saying its a old people car but i dont care kids have plently of room and the misses enjoys drivin it

So how old are you and why did you choose the b max?

• 2 weeks later...

I am 25 and have contemplated the B-MAX, an opportunity came up at work that would have meant I could have had one, but the costs where just too high on the lease, so I ended up just getting the mondeo as a buy it now.

• 3 years later...

35, and the MPG sold it for me as a second car. Compared to driving the S-Max, its like driving a go-cart, and I love driving my S-Max. 

Choice was either this or a Fiat 500L

• 8 months later...

Hi - I have the B-Max 1.0 and have just turned 50 so does that make me old?  I also have a (Fiat) Ka 2012 and a Ford StreetKa 2003.  Does that make me a hairdresser too? 🙂

I am seriously thinking about a second B-Max with the ecoboost to replace the Fiat - the engine really impresses me.  The best I have had is 61 mpg with gentle relaxed (50+) driving yet plenty of "poke" when you floor it.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I've just turned 48 and have an automatic B-Max. I got it primarily because I have a back injury and the ride height was perfect for getting in and out and the auto meant there's no clutch to worry about (using a clutch pulls hell out of my lower back!). So happy with it!

My dad owns a bmax (he’s over 70) & it replaced a Ford Fusion which was written off (non fault). I drive it & I’m 43, it doesn’t matter what age you are as long as you enjoy driving it or it’s practical. 

• Like 3

I wonder why it never seemed to catch on. Seems at least as practical as a Honda Jazz for example, there are loads of them where I live, but rarely see a B-Max. Fiestas are very popular though.

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I wonder why it never seemed to catch on. Seems at least as practical as a Honda Jazz for example, there are loads of them where I live, but rarely see a B-Max. Fiestas are very popular though.

I drive a Fiesta (st-line hybrid) 🙄

I had a Fusion from new and when the B Max came out the dealer said it was to replace the Fusion so I had a look , I don't like sliding doors so I didn't buy one then the Ecosport came out and I didn't like that either but when the improved facelift ecosport came out I bought one and now they've stopped making those.

Looking at the date of the first post, the OP is at least old enough to drive a B Max now... 🤭  

Interesting point though, there's only one near me that I see regularly.  Permanently parked in a disabled space and covered with moss and algae...it must be so awful the owner doesn't want to drive it any more than absolutely necessary or look after it in any way.  The Jazz owners are out there every weekend with the shammy and the Turtlewax! :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, billyboy said:

I had a Fusion from new and when the B Max came out the dealer said it was to replace the Fusion so I had a look , I don't like sliding doors so I didn't buy one then the Ecosport came out and I didn't like that either but when the improved facelift ecosport came out I bought one and now they've stopped making those.

Yes, I think there are quite a few of us who share your feelings on that. There are very few cars now in production that interest me, but I can think of loads of cars from the past that I'd happily buy if they were still available.😃

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club