Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Cold Air Feed

Mackers91

First off all hi lads icon_smile.gif

Recently sold my beloved mk1 2.0 and have just bought a mk2.5 with the
2.0 Duratec. I have been looking at the air feed and it seems pretty
pants but the space it is set in is very tight. (queue the that's what
she said jokes icon_biggrin.gif)

Any way does anyone here have any experience in putting in a new cold air feed or any tips ?

Cheers Chris..

All ill say is ford spent many hours lots of testing and simulations to decide thats whats best for the car

And all I'll say is that ford spent there time designing the feed around the limited space in the engine bay and the basic power output of the standard engine, hence why am asking if anyone had experience with rerouting it as this would have been my first step towards working on engine mods. I'll take you're sarcastic comment on board though, cheers for you're input.

• Like 1

maybe you could replace the cold air feed pipe with one that sits lower down into the main grill and attach it to the grill itself?

• Like 1

wind youre neck in i dont do sarcastic if you had read up on it youll find that many cars are better and produce more power with the standard set up with the addition of a performance panel filter it wasnt a sarcastic comment it was a simple statement of fact... the design as limited as it may look is the better option the alternative is to buy a cold air feed and mount it behind the front bumper but the space is so limited youll have to chop parts to make it fit or have the pipe sit behind the passenger side light but again it will soak heat up from the engine bay add to that it also sucks in all the junk of the day from the front of the car more than the standard set up there are very few kits available for the 2.0 other han the induction kits which again loses power

if you want to fit one attatch it to the original airbox feed pipe and look for the easiest way to route it abouut midway on the rear of the front bumper

Sorry lad, I took it as you where being one off those sarcastic keyboard cow boys.. Cheers for the advice think I've gotten it figured out I have manged to reshape and widen the standard snorkel and have I k&n replacement filter and bigger air scoop to moled to the snorkel.

Im sure i read somewhere theres a bigger intake from the grill to airbox on 2.0 automatics iirc? Could've imagined it but im sure i didnt?

Hi chris,

Get yourself a K&N57s kit,

Consists of a bigger filter.

Side cold feed induction,

And a bigger top housing to keep it tidy,

Well worth the spend, .

And blank your EGR valve

Blank off my EGR valve? Will this not make the mill light come on? What's the benefit off doing that if you don't mind me asking? Cheers for the help.

• Like 1

Blank off my EGR valve? Will this not make the mill light come on? What's the benefit off doing that if you don't mind me asking? Cheers for the help.

shouldnt do,

Egr blanking stops the recirculation of exhaust waste gasses,

This reduces the speed at which your oil gets dirty,

Helps prevent carbon build up in the oil which can leed to turbo failure

Reduces turbo lag due to increased waste gas flow,

Insures your sucking in 100% clean air instead of 80% air and 20% waste gasses,

For more independant feedback

Click on my picture to view my profile,

On my profile you will see links to 28 guides created by myself,

Click on the link to guide blanking egr 1.6tdci,

And have a read through other peoples experiences

Juat insure you purchase a stainless steel blanking plate if you choose to blank your egr,

Dont fit an alluminium blanking plate as they break through causing damage, stainless steel is the way to go.

From what I see blanking it off only really applys for diesel engines, correct me if am wrong. Mines a 2L petrol.

From what I see blanking it off only really applys for diesel engines, correct me if am wrong. Mines a 2L petrol.

no your correct mate sorry :lol: my bad,

I thought you went from a 2.0 mk1 diesel to a mk2.5 duratorque,

But ive read it again and it is of courae a duratec,

Sorry lol

• Like 1

The 57i kit is an option but if its about cold air the enclosed kit is better the 57i to work requires constant cool air as you sit in traffic that doesnt happen so the temperature rises once you move the warm air bogs it down and it takes a good bit till cool air starts flowing through an enclosed kit keeps the inside of the filter and air cooler

Anothet option is an st snorkel but the new focus like yhe mk2 has a large suppressor behind the passenger side bumper thats quite complex

The biggest improvement would be a Focus MK2.5 RS air filter housing combined with a K&N 57S kit.

The Focus RS air filter housing has 2 cold air feed pipes instead of 1 and has a much larger air snorkel. There are only a few minor modifications needed to fit a Focus RS air filter housing to a "normal" Focus MK2/MK2.5. Combined with a 60 mm throttle body of a 2.3 Duratec and smooth silicone hose instead of the standard ribbed hose it will make a noticeable difference on a 2.0 Duratec.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The biggest improvement would be a Focus MK2.5 RS air filter housing combined with a K&N 57S kit.

The Focus RS air filter housing has 2 cold air feed pipes instead of 1 and has a much larger air snorkel. There are only a few minor modifications needed to fit a Focus RS air filter housing to a "normal" Focus MK2/MK2.5. Combined with a 60 mm throttle body of a 2.3 Duratec and smooth silicone hose instead of the standard ribbed hose it will make a noticeable difference on a 2.0 Duratec.

Only just seeing this today, I was wondering if it was possible to do just what you said with the RS filter housing and snorkel now i know it is i think i will be taking a trip to the scrapers at the weekend to get one :D i have been also looking at the silicone hosing but it seems abit expensive for what it is at around the 70£ mark :(

Update

Got work done on my feed this weekend, just need a silicone induction hose and the 60mm throttle body now to finish it off :) pretty happy with how it looks.

http://s201.photobucket.com/user/chris-2k7-lad/media/DSC_0466.jpg.html

Edited by Mackers91

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club