Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting A 2Nd Reverse Light - Help

salsheikh

Guys,

finally got my finger outta my bottom (snigger) and decided to do the 2nd reverse light mod after reading Lennys awesome guide. I did do it slightly differently (used a glue gun to bond the second light fitting onto the lense - i hope it will hold!)

I thought I had purchased the right connector off eBay for the additional buulb, wired it all up but it doesnt work.

i'm guessing that its the connector that could be the issue - i tried to see if the plug is getting power and it is so maybe the fitment isnt right and it isnt connecting to the 2 pins?

so, is there a possibility that i can order the correct plug from ford???

If someone can get me the part number than this would be awesome.

thanks

Sal

Guys,

finally got my finger outta my bottom (snigger) and decided to do the 2nd reverse light mod after reading Lennys awesome guide. I did do it slightly differently (used a glue gun to bond the second light fitting onto the lense - i hope it will hold!)

I thought I had purchased the right connector off ebay for the additional buulb, wired it all up but it doesnt work.

i'm guessing that its the connector that could be the issue - i tried to see if the plug is getting power and it is so maybe the fitment isnt right and it isnt connecting to the 2 pins?

so, is there a possibility that i can order the correct plug from ford???

If someone can get me the part number than this would be awesome.

thanks

Sal

you might have what i had.the connector that goes into the bulb holder isnt going in far enough.i had to trim some of the bulb holder to allow it to go in to reach the pins . hth

ive done that too. cut off and lugs and then trimmed it down in size too. even tried another bulb but no joy

what i may do is fit it all and see if there is current to the bulb holder as i may have the +/- the wrong way around and i'm guessing that this could be the cause. The wiring was put in place many many months ago when i replaced the bumper.

ive done that too. cut off and lugs and then trimmed it down in size too. even tried another bulb but no joy

what i may do is fit it all and see if there is current to the bulb holder as i may have the +/- the wrong way around and i'm guessing that this could be the cause. The wiring was put in place many many months ago when i replaced the bumper.

unless your using leds it wont mater what way round it should be

you are putting it in reverse arnt you ?

just using a standard bulb mate. may change to a cree bulb...if i can get this to work lol!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club