Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Number Plate Lights - Fiesta Mk6.5

Mrmark941

Hi guys, need some help here as I've got a little problem with my number plate lights.

The left one was flickering for some time so I did replace the bulb to see if it was this, to my surprise it was still flickering. So, I opted to go for two new clusters, but upgraded (all in one LED Modules) ones. When I popped the boot it worked, great, however... I did it again to get back into the boot and it no longer worked :( This also means that my dashboard lights (aka clocks, heater controls) no longer light up.

Heres what I've done so far to try and resolve it:

• Changed the fuse, I changed F20 (7.5A) to a 10A fuse (Although the 7.5 didn't look blown).
  • post-36107-0-67791000-1397811639_thumb.j
  • Changed back to the old clusters, but to still no joy.
  • Taken a multimeter to the cables, power is outputted when the boot is popped.

Any other ideas? It cannot be the whole loom as the Windscreen wiper, jets and boot pop still work!

Stuck for ideas, not exactly please either being as I drive at night so don't really want to get pulled and then be known to the police. Plus it's an MOT failure as far as I know which isn't great!

Seen as the power is only there when the boot is open, I'm assuming the loom/ wiring has been squashed somewhere

Have a look the the connectors on the boot and make sure all of the cables are alright, not squashed or pulled too tight

Hope this helps in someway

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

So yeah, turns out it was looking right at me. I had changed one of the fuses (Which intact didn't need changing) and didn't change the other one.... All fixed I believe!

Note: If anybody else has this problem change both fuses! :P

• 7 months later...

Which two fuses did you change and what did you change them to? I'm having the very same issue.

Thanks

Ben

Faulty unit exchanged, now running standard fuses without issue!

post-60585-141761724131_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 5 years later...
On 4/18/2014 at 10:01 AM, Mrmark941 said:

Hi guys, need some help here as I've got a little problem with my number plate lights.

The left one was flickering for some time so I did replace the bulb to see if it was this, to my surprise it was still flickering. So, I opted to go for two new clusters, but upgraded (all in one LED Modules) ones. When I popped the boot it worked, great, however... I did it again to get back into the boot and it no longer worked 😞 This also means that my dashboard lights (aka clocks, heater controls) no longer light up.

Heres what I've done so far to try and resolve it:

• Changed the fuse, I changed F20 (7.5A) to a 10A fuse (Although the 7.5 didn't look blown).
  • post-36107-0-67791000-1397811639_thumb.j
  • Changed back to the old clusters, but to still no joy.
  • Taken a multimeter to the cables, power is outputted when the boot is popped.

Any other ideas? It cannot be the whole loom as the Windscreen wiper, jets and boot pop still work!

Stuck for ideas, not exactly please either being as I drive at night so don't really want to get pulled and then be known to the police. Plus it's an MOT failure as far as I know which isn't great!

I have the exact same problem, had all fuses checked and they are all fine 😞

On 4/18/2014 at 10:59 AM, Mrmark941 said:

So yeah, turns out it was looking right at me. I had changed one of the fuses (Which intact didn't need changing) and didn't change the other one.... All fixed I believe!

Note: If anybody else has this problem change both fuses! 😛

Which 2 fuses ?? I can only find one F20 i believe ??

• 3 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 9:04 PM, johnboy1958 said:

Which 2 fuses ?? I can only find one F20 i believe ??

You have any luck with this? I'm having the same issue.

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2021 at 6:30 PM, Goodeman said:

You have any luck with this? I'm having the same issue.

Anyone find out which is the other fuse ? 

29 minutes ago, Fezaarri said:

Anyone find out which is the other fuse ? 

Fuse #33! That’s the one, or #20

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club