Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Retrofit Bluetooth / Usb /voice

Cragrat

Hi,

I am looking at installing bluetooth and USB to my MK2.5, 59 plate Focus Zetec built in Valencia
Oct 2009.

It was originally fitted with the round CD 6000 radio and
single cd player. I have changed it for a Sony DAB 6 cd player 8M5T-18C939-MD.
A much better radio. The Sony radio firmware is 05 06 01 dated 02 12 2008 so
should be compatible with the upgrade. There is no microphone or any other
wiring installed apart from the radio connector and the Aux port which is wired
straight into the radio connector. The steering wheel control is the standard
one without voice.

I have looked at the Focus guide http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/212-retrofit-bluetooth-with-voice-control-and-usb-for-focus-mk25/

I am just trying to get my head around exactly what items I
need to be on the lookout for. At the moment the list in the guide is what I’m
going on. Any comments or suggestions would be gratefully received.

One other option I have seen in other posts is the Kit from Ford. Cost seems to be the factor here.

I made a post on here called bluetooth install guide. I've not long just added bluetooth and USB with voice control an voice stalk to my car.

Depends on what set up you want.

Do you want factory fitted like I have.

Or the non ford retrofit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the guide. I am looking at a factory fit set up. I will read through to get the part numbers. I have rung around some scrap yards down here but so far no luck. In fact the scrappies down here don't seem to have any recent Focus's.

Don't forget the novero retrofit kit which includes mic/loom/module for £200 its an easy and painless solution.

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

Hi James,

Thanks. I will look into this as it does seem to be another option. Is the end result the same? ie bluetooth, usb and voice control?

Yes result is the same mate if you take a look in my thread - see sig - around January time this year , you will see the kit and the finished article. If you want voice control, you will need to obtain a different stereo talk with voice button - they are pretty hard to come buy, especially on eBay, no doubt if you did some vigourous searching at breakers you could lucky. Without voice stalk you will still get usb/phone.

info on the retrofit kit starts on page 3 of my thread

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/49551-higgsys-zetec-s-thread/page-3

Hi

Read through your guide. Seems fairly straight forward.

Does the kit have a finis number?

Not sure, don't think it does. Got mine from http://www.dal-tec.com. Just emailed them as I think they mainly sell to the trade they are the UK distributor for novero, they sent me an invoice via PayPal and I paid them and had the kit the next day. Other places have them too, just search Google for ford Novero bluetooth retrofit kit

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Higgsy,

This looks like the best option for me. Daltec are out of stock at the moment but over the next few days I will see who else deals with this kit.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Still not got it installed yet bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

No, Not got around to parting with £200. Still on my to do list. Looking at after next pay day. I will post how I get on when I do.

• 2 weeks later...

These Novero kits are getting hard to come by. Apparently they have stopped making them. The price is going up. Just bought one for £259. Yet to fit it.maybe next week.

I am not surprised Novero (previously nokia) stopped selling the retrofit kits. The MK2.5 Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system is based on the older Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules (8M5T-19C112-XX) which are not used by Ford anymore on current Ford models. There is no support anymore for these Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules. The last available update was released in 2012. Newer Phone models are officially not supported by the system and may not work correctly.

Novero can not sell a retrofit kit which does not support some of the current Phone models. To solve this they had to develop an update but because the retrofit kits are a small market I suspect the costs of an update would simply be too high.

I retrofitted the Focus MK2.5 Sound & Connect (Bluetooth/Voicecontrol with USB,A2DP and Ipod support) system to my MK2. Initially all worked fine but after buying a new Phone the Phone functions did not work correctly. Because of this I decided to install a new type Bluetooth/voicecontrol module from a Focus MK3. After being configured correctly the MK3 module works without any problems in my MK2. Another advantage of the MK3 module is that the Voicecontrol language can be changed. This means there is only 1 type of module that supports all languages.

I am not surprised Novero (previously nokia) stopped selling the retrofit kits. The MK2.5 Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system is based on the older Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules (8M5T-19C112-XX) which are not used by Ford anymore on current Ford models. There is no support anymore for these Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules. The last available update was released in 2012. Newer Phone models are officially not supported by the system and may not work correctly.

Novero can not sell a retrofit kit which does not support some of the current Phone models. To solve this they had to develop an update but because the retrofit kits are a small market I suspect the costs of an update would simply be too high.

I retrofitted the Focus MK2.5 Sound & Connect (Bluetooth/Voicecontrol with USB,A2DP and Ipod support) system to my MK2. Initially all worked fine but after buying a new Phone the Phone functions did not work correctly. Because of this I decided to install a new type Bluetooth/voicecontrol module from a Focus MK3. After being configured correctly the MK3 module works without any problems in my MK2. Another advantage of the MK3 module is that the Voicecontrol language can be changed. This means there is only 1 type of module that supports all languages.

Very interesting that you have managed to use a mk3 module in the mk2.5 would you mind me asking what the model number of the module is and how you configured it.

The module I used has part number CS7T-14D212-AD (AA, AB and AC suffix are also suitable). These modules are originally installed on the following vehicles:

*Focus MK3

*C-max MK2 and Grand C-max

*Kuga MK2

*Fiesta MK7.5

*Mondeo MK4.5 and S-max/Galaxy

This type of module can be configured for the Focus MK2.5, C-max MK1.5 and Kuga MK1 using a modified ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig software.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The module I used has part number CS7T-14D212-AD (AA, AB and AC suffix are also suitable). These modules are originally installed on the following vehicles:

*Focus MK3

*C-max MK2 and Grand C-max

*Kuga MK2

*Fiesta MK7.5

*Mondeo MK4.5 and S-max/Galaxy

This type of module can be configured for the Focus MK2.5, C-max MK1.5 and Kuga MK1 using a modified ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig software.

Hi Wilco, would you mind giving me the settings used in ELMconfig please.

• 8 years later...

Hello.

Sorry my friends 

my name Is John from Italy

I have s-Max 2012 with Sony MP3 with premium sound system + Voice control modul bluetooth CS7T 14D212 AB 

I can't pair any phone

for over a year I have tried with many phones without success

My phone find bluetooth Ford audio he asks me for the pin but it doesn't connect - timeout !!!

In my radio i see AUX/CD/USB/BLUETHOOT 

everything works fine except bluetooth

i'm going crazy can someone help me?

i travel a lot and i need BLUETOOTH for my phone

THANKS my friends