Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key

Manpreet

Hi Guys,

Just a few quick questions: Does my car have central locking (because when I bought the car it came with a 'plain' key? If so, is it possible to program a new key to work with the central locking feature on my car?.

Thanks in advance,
Manpreet

Ford Fiesta Finesse '04

When.you lock or.unlock your drivers door does the whole car unlock/lock?

If so you have central locking but not REMOTE central locking.

I don't believe you can just buy a new key and programme it. You would need wireing looms etc.

You could always get remote central locking added. So you have a separate fob to your key.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

If you put your key in the ignition barrel, turn the ignition on and off 6 times quickly (it may be 5, but 6 won't hurt). If you hear an audible tone from under the dash, then your GEM is remote central locking compatible, in which case you can source a remote key, get it coded to start the car and then your ready!

If there isn't a tone, then the GEM is not configured for central locking. If you don't mind a seperate fob, the easiest (and cheapest) way is to swap the GEM for a suitable replacement, and just programme a fob yourself, or Ford may be able to encode your GEM for you (I swapped my GEM as it was cheaper) to enable remote central locking.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club