Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync/txt

namtab

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi, can anybody tell me if and when ford are going to update there sync so as more phones can use the txt feature I've tried lots of the latest phones (my wife's and kids) android and apple none work with text, my new windows 8 phone also refuses to work strange as the sync system is also windows based i? Has anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong

The text feature started working on my android when it was updated to 4.4. This update added bluetooth map support (more here: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/31/kitkat-feature-spotlight-android-finally-supports-bluetooth-map-will-make-bluetooth-integration-with-your-car-suck-a-lot-less/) which is needed for sync to read messages out. I can't answer for apple and windows (though the link above seems to suggest apple has done it for a while?) but if you can upgrade an android device to 4.4 it should work.

My iPhone works fine with it.

It reads it back fine no problems and I can also see it if I press the (view text) option when it pops up.

The only thing it doesn't allow me to do is to re send one back, I have to go back physically onto my phone to send one which is a bit annoying.

Not sure when they will make this work or maybe it just doesn't with iPhones I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks for your reply martyns I'll check my sons phone later to see what version he is on , must be doing something wrong with my wife's apple phone as you say this should work, Technology

I've got an iPhone 4s with the most up to date update on it... The texts didn't come through straight away (I've had the car a week now) and only today has it started reading the texts?! Anyway, iPhone should work on it as long as it is synced with the car via bluetooth

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

With my S3 under android 4 3 it reads the message, im not sure that it lets you reply with your voice

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I've got a Windows Phone 8 as well, and it doesn't support reading texts either.

As far as I know the text support isn't available in any Windows phones currently on the market, so I think you'll just have to wait and hope for an update to the phone (that's what I'm doing anyway)

I think you right about the windows phone still think its strange Microsoft don't support there own products they have missed a trick here, when I got my windows phone I just assumed it would be fully supported should have done my homework. Have now got the wife's iPhone working she's grinning from ear to ear, my sons android refuses to work we think its to old and doesn't support the latest update

Well, the rumours are they're supposed to looking at Blackberry QNX for their next gen Sync so no buggers' phones will work with it :D

Seriously though, I'm hoping I can get my iPhone to work with it. I just wish we weren't so far behind the US with the Ford in car tech. Was hoping we'd have had AppLink by now.

I can send texts back with my Samsung s5 they have those pre programmed ones in the sync system they work fine

I've got a Windows Phone 8 as well, and it doesn't support reading texts either.

As far as I know the text support isn't available in any Windows phones currently on the market, so I think you'll just have to wait and hope for an update to the phone (that's what I'm doing anyway)

My Nokia 920 works well with Sync, but it's actually the phone that does the work, as it also works with my wife's Qashqai and my bluetooth headset. I can listen to, and reply to texts using speech only, even on my bike!

Go to Settings/Speech and set Read Incoming Texts Aloud to bluetooth and Headsets. I also have the Use Speech when the phone is locked, and Enable Speech Recognition service option ticked in the same menu.

I have a Nokia Lumia 820 and after the phone had an update, the texts started working. I believe it had something to do with the Drive application that's on there. I can reply to texts using my voice. Ok, it's a wee bit hit and miss, but I think that's more to do with my accent than anything !!! Does work tho. Before this update I couldn't even use the phonebook, and all calls coming in said Unknown Caller, but all ok now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club