Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are you happy with your mk7 performance?

caligator

Hi,

I wonder if you are happy with your fiesta mk7 performance... I mean 1.6 ti-vct engine because I've looked for videos of the engine's acceleration and I found nothing...

How would you compare acceleration, flexibility in this car to other, previous cars... Is it really 9.9 sec from 0 to 100 ??:PP

I have a 1.25 (82) Zetec and im more than happy with the acceleration of that. Compared to my old corsa it is, on paper, slower but i cant see any difference.

I 0-60mphed mine and got 11.5 secs compared to the 13 secs that its supposed to do.

hehe... I had a test drive with 1.4 petrol engine and it was really slow for me (mayby because I had vw golf mk4 1.9 tdi 110km chipped to 140...)

hehe... I had a test drive with 1.4 petrol engine and it was really slow for me (mayby because I had vw golf mk4 1.9 tdi 110km chipped to 140...)

Funny you should say that, I did my test drive in the 1.4, I also though it was slow. It was definitely a lot slower than my 1998 1.25l 11 year old fiesta! I actually had to floor it, alot!

Lets hope my 1.6 is better when it arrives!

well that's a problem - i do not know how it is in UK but in Poland there are only 1.4 petrol engine fiesta's if you want to have a test drive... I hope that our 1.6 will be much better than that...

Performance?

It's a !Removed! Fiesta, not a Ferrari.

It goes to the shop and it comes back. Simples.

Performance?

But I only have one car though Keith. It has to go a hell of a lot further than that lol. :-)

;)

Performance?

There goes that bl**dy meercat again!!

Little fellow's always popping up somewhere.........simples!!! :lol::lol:

Hi,

I wonder if you are happy with your fiesta mk7 performance... I mean 1.6 ti-vct engine because I've looked for videos of the engine's acceleration and I found nothing...

How would you compare acceleration, flexibility in this car to other, previous cars... Is it really 9.9 sec from 0 to 100 ??:PP

i have a zetec s with the 1.6ti-vt and i am very happy with the performance once it had 1000mls on the clock,its very deceiving because the engines power delivery is so smooth,but saying that when ive got the dosh im having the mountune upgrade because them things fly after 4000rpm! :P

Mines a 1.4 Petrol and I think it goes faster than my 1.6 Astra but my Astra was 9 years old. I guess i'm just used to that. If you want a performance car you have to get something else that costs more. Like Keith says, it gets me to the shops and gets me back! :lol: I havent got the choice of using the BMW as a errrmmm pulling magnet but I think my Fiesta does alright ;)

Mine dont do 0-60 in 9.6 seconds - it does it in 7 :P

OK OK OK stop rubbing our noses in it................. ;)

Squeeze green with envy.......... ;) ;)

Mine dont do 0-60 in 9.6 seconds - it does it in 7 :P

so you say that stock 1.6 does 0-60 not in 9.9 but in 9.6?? I read about it here but didn't know if it was true....

I also read about new vw polo and it's 1.2 tsi engine which does 0-60 also in 9.6 and has a great flexibility.... I hope that mine 1.6 fiesta will be as fast as new polo:P

By the way... I am receiving my fiesta on 29 may!!!! I can't way for my little squeeze car...

I was lead to believe that the Mountune brought the performance down from 9.6 to 7.6.

It could be that the 0-62 (0-100km/h as used in Europe) time is 9.9 secs, and the 0-60 time is 9.6 maybe?

Evo says the performance of the Mountune version is 7.9 for 0-60.

On that note, there's another group test in the latest Evo, of the Mountune Fiesta.

im probably wrong, I always get things muddled up, its probably 7.9 seconds lol.

• 5 weeks later...
I have a 1.25 (82) Zetec and im more than happy with the acceleration of that. Compared to my old corsa it is, on paper, slower but i cant see any difference.

I 0-60mphed mine and got 11.5 secs compared to the 13 secs that its supposed to do.

The same thing happened to me. I also have a 1.25 mk7 fiesta,and it seemed a lot quicker than 13s to 100kph,so i got it measured and got a result of 11.7 s to 100kph!!!

It was measured on the road,not on a dyno,and profesionally done,so i dont doubt the result,but i cant understand why they put 13s to 100 in the official results and the car does 11.7 ???

I am not really happy with the performance of the 1.6 Ti VCT. It is still a great car to drive but Ford should really have made the 2.0 Duratec available in the new Fiesta.

Anything is quick compared to a Smart For Two!

im fairly happy with my 1.4tdci , very zippy , been driving over a week and done 260miles and still got half a tank left :)

Performance?

Well put KeithC

Evo says the performance of the Mountune version is 7.9 for 0-60.

On that note, there's another group test in the latest Evo, of the Mountune Fiesta.

And there is now a group text in Autoexpress between the Mountune ZS, Renaultsport Clio and the Vauxhall Corsa VXR

Lord that Clio's ugly. I drove the Corsa but decided I couldn't handle the interior, the terrible economy and ridiculous insurance quotes I got for it!

I still think the Mountune package will end up in my car - by accident of course.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club