Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Wish I'd Went For Diesel

Stu9

After 3 years of them and a mixture of a 320d, mondo tdci and 306 hdi....now a 1.6 petrol, thing that pi55es me off to is that it's the bl00dy same to tax this thing as it was the 3 I mentioned plus they're arguably better cars, especially the 320

I think did the wrong thing getting the 1.6 petrol, don't think I'll have it long

• Like 1

Ok... thanks for letting us know, why dont you sell it tomorrow then and get a diesel again?

• Like 1

Strange post to be honest so you made an uneducated poor choice fair enough ...better cars well i doubt that but each to their own..

ive worked on many bmws and i wouldn't have one again overpriced parts on a not so reliable car, pugeots are quite frankly a jolk engines are not too bad thats about it and a mondeo in anything other than st form is boring and quite dullish.yeah youve got as you say 3 years of experience yet had 3 cars which says if they wete so good you wouldnt change .ive had many more and worked on many cars seen many bought sold and fixed and driven more cars than i can count bmws land rovers nissan twin turbo toyota celicas mr2 mx5s rx8 pugs citroens fords vws and owned bmw vw ford rover citroen fiat toyota to say that yes the petrol focus isnt that well built, the tax if you had checked would have been obvious if you did check you still bought it so why complain about a choice you made .. and anyone on here who really knows cars will admit the one thing a driver knows is the focus is a drivers car there may be thousands of them in the road but they have individual character all are subtly different .

tax who cares i dont pick cars based on road tax or mpg its about the drive

Again those who know know what i mean but its youre opinion and youre taste so good luck maybe the next car is more to youre taste

tax who cares i dont pick cars based on road tax or mpg its about the drive

Lucky you...I do

I've had allsorts in the last few years too

Why do you hate the petrol one so much lol?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Didn't say I hate them, I just prefer the characteristics of the diesel

• Like 1

I take it you prefer the lazyness associated with a diesel? What year is it, if it's a sigma 1.6 you will get the best out of it by revving it quite a bit in the middle gears 3 and 4 then use 5th once up to speed, if it's an eco boost then I have no idea and just ignore me.

Sent from my LT30p using Ford OC mobile app

Yep...it's an 03... I don't rev cars, bike yes not cars, never have, that's why I didn't have the 1.8 vtec long either, I'm aswell sticking to diesel, cheaper tax too...maybe artscot doesn't bother, I do

i missed the torque from my previous diesel and the better mpg + tax too, but change of jobs means a lot less miles and the petrol was about 2k cheaper to buy for me so worked out cheaper long term and no dpf egr and smoke :)

I'm a fairly new driver so haven't got a wealth of experience but we owned a diesel audi and didn't get on with it.

Good pull in the lower revs but didn't go very fast- it was a chauffeurs kind of car lol. Are you going to get rid of the current car?

It likes being revved, I'm not talking red line I mean more like upto 4k or maybe just above in the mid range.

Are you going to get rid of the current car?

Probably...but I'll need to see what to try and get, I'm tempted to try and get another 320d estate, it'll need to be a 00-01 as I'm not paying extra 20-30 quid in tax for the same engine just it's a year or so newer...another rip off!!

It likes being revved, I'm not talking red line I mean more like upto 4k or maybe just above in the mid range.

I know they do, I'm just can't be rsd doing it, not with cars anyway, don't know why but I can't.....bikes are diffirent, well to me they are....having said that, my last one (mk1 Bandit 12) had a lot of low grunt but I really liked, unlike the early R1 I had before it....now THAT I revved :). Then again, it was one eye on the speedo and one on the rd ahead

If it makes you feel better buy a diesel but I can't suffer BMWs or there drivers usually, hope your an exception to the rule ;) Haha.

Do you think it's all to55ers in bm's, I've encountered a few in fords, vx, Audi, Nissan, Toyota ect too y'know

Oh no I know they aren't exclusive to BMs but they tend to around where I am to be show offs who couldn't quite afford a true sports car (doesn't apply to the diesel warriors), bear in mind there arent any motorways to cruise in Cornwall, haha although saying that the worst things down here at this time of the year locally know as silly season is when the city boys come down and ruin the karma with Chelsea tractors.

I don't think you can call modern diesel lazy... i too much prefer a diesel over petrol for many reason but some like the torque, torque is what makes a car feel fast and you don't have to rev the hell out of it to go.

The only one thing about petrol in my opinion where diesel struggle is the sound, nothing else, it takes alot of effort to make a diesel sound very sporty other than that, diesel wins for me

Oh no I know they aren't exclusive to BMs but they tend to around where I am to be show offs who couldn't quite afford a true sports car (doesn't apply to the diesel warriors), bear in mind there arent any motorways to cruise in Cornwall, haha although saying that the worst things down here at this time of the year locally know as silly season is when the city boys come down and ruin the karma with Chelsea tractors.

Flamin' emmets! ;)

Flamin' emmets! ;)

Tis hellish at this end you! How's Devon holding?

"Emmet is a pejorative nickname that some Cornish people use to refer to the many tourists who visit Cornwall"

Tis hellish at this end you! How's Devon holding?

Oh Es tis good.

"Emmet is a pejorative nickname that some Cornish people use to refer to the many tourists who visit Cornwall"

And Grockles :)

• Like 1