Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Wish I'd Went For Diesel

Stu9

Get on, Tis proper now for a couple of weeks after this weekend then tis round 2 of silly season, can't wait.

Sent from my LT30p using Ford OC mobile app

When all the Townies rock up and live in their holiday homes for the summer the towns and ports actually appear vibrant.

When they all bu##er off home again at the end of summer we're back to ghost towns again.

Maybe we are maybe we aren't :lol: (ingenious use of the word diesel)

I much prefer ghost town, the roads are easy the shops are empty and we get our clean beaches and countryside back, on the other hand men no longer have an abundance of females to twitch, it's time to dust the book of birds off. (+1 petrol engines)

Your single minded attitude disgusts me, I'm going to bed!

Cheers and gone.

I'm just being funny....I think he is too, if not, tough

• Like 1

Whether being funny or serious the direction this conversation has taken is not tolerated.

Please get back on topic or the thread will be locked.

Light hearted ribbing/banter is fine but not personal digs.

I like your style, let's continue the great diesel debate! Buy a petrol. Debate over, your driveway deserves a petrol motor, why not go the whole hog and get an rx8 and a wankel engine?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Buy a petrol...I've got one haven't I, if I do stick to it they'll be a bigger one and turbo attached like many others I've had but I'm now sick of the mpg but know you can't have it both ways. Truth be told, for the last 3-4 years, I like the characteristics of the diesel and because I don't rev the nackers out car's, I'm aswell trying to go back to them

I know I don't do enough miles to justify having one but as said, I like the torque..... see what happens, maybe nothing

I can see what your saying, but for short journeys diesels are just wrong in my opinion, however the burst of turbo in a diesel when setting off is nice but they are gutless after that whereas most petrol engines will keep pulling along right up through the revs, I can't say I like revving the balls out of cars but I don't consider using more than half the limited revs over the top I couldn't go red lining like some because that would feel painful. I'm going to throw a controversial curve ball how about an electric car that's has massive torque, haha.

I know, and you're right, as the mechanic I've used for years said too.... the one's I had were all mapped, the 320d was just over 200hp from the standard 150 and by christ you felt it, there wasn't any let up in torque/pull right up to the red...I did it once just to see what it was like. The wee 306 hdi I just sold was 125 from the 90 standard, it was quite quick of it's mark and had good mid range, but ran out of puff after that, still a good car though

Electric...mmm, yea got I go in last year at a dealer, they're ok but would take a while to settle in to if I did but their price tag's frightening, I know they'll come down, they'll need to if they want people buying them

I honestly don't know what I'll do to be honest, I like petrol, of course I do, but the next decision (if there is one) will be the last for a few years

Y'see....we CAN play nice without throwing our toys out the pram lol

Y'see....we CAN play nice without throwing our toys out the pram lol

I have no toys left. An electric car would suit me if the range was there it just takes away so many possible problems etc, i can't see them being the saviour though, push power on a bicycle is the cheapest and most reliable way of getting around. :D

I done think so either, but time will tell....but yes you're right ie pedal power's still the cheapest, but the suits that are trying their damdest to rip us off and brain wash us, won't tell you that, they'll have some other scam for us

my 1,8tdci is like my late grandfather

loud, smelly, unclean, needs a lot of attention, but held on into his old age...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club