Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Seem To Accelerate Past 90Mph

Tauchaos

Iv a 09 1.8 titanium model I couldn't pass 50mph but when I got to my destination had a meal and left it had no problem getting past 50mph it just shudders around 50mph has anyone had this issue or know what could cause it?

Didn't realise I put 90 instead of 50 guys sorry!

Could be an error on the throttle body itself.

I'd get a diagnostic check done first of all.

Not even going to ask why you were touching 90 anyway.

The mot is due soon il ask them

To check when it gos in

Just seems wired that last time it did it it stopped doing it after I had stopped

For awhile

you know how it is you pick up speed on an empty road, but as I got to 90 the car just shudders and won't pass it

The speed limit still applies, even on empty roads.

This isn't something you want to be sounding off about on an open forum - you never know when there's a police officer looking. Stoney871 knows all about that.

To be honest, I think your unlikely to get much help or replies to this thread given the nature of it.

What happens if you use the lower gears less sparingly open it up in 3rd and 4th (within speed limits) see if it still does it.

Sent from my LT30p using Ford OC mobile app

Sorry I fixed the post was a simple

Accident putting 90 instead of 50 can't change the title thou

Yea I tried dropping down to 4th and accelerating to 50 again but it couldn't pass 50 again I didn't try dropping to 3rd but 4th and 5th just couldn't do it just shudders

When I got to my destination I was a little worried but after an hour of

Sitting there for an hour when I went home no problems straight to 60mph with out an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I take it you have a petrol, does the odo display say anything like safe mode or eac fail on it? That would indicate that the electronic accelerator pedal is at fault, although if it returns to normal after a cool down then it sounds like something isn't very well probably electrical, have a look at the throttle body it may want cleaning or as said above May have a fault, otherwise it could be coils or plugs fuel pressure or dirty system, also check the air filter as its easy, and check the filter box tubing for collapse.

I'm not huge on cars fuel gos in gets burnt car go forwards... Usually

Had no trouble with its service and not last year so I'd presume the filters would be fine I don't travel too far it's like 10 mins to work in rush hour traffic so it's very rare I get above 30 any how

I'm passing a ford garage today you think it's worth taking it in and seeing what they say?

I'm passing a ford garage today you think it's worth taking it in and seeing what they say?
No. Ford garages employ idiots.

Take it somewhere else.

• Like 1

No. Ford garages employ idiots.

Take it somewhere else.

My local ford dealer 20 miles away told me they couldn't look at my car for 2 weeks because there laptop was being repaired. Haha it's laughable.

What a joke of a thread - and the OP even put his own silly post as the "best answer"- ridiculus! (the OP should not be allowed to put his own post as tbe "best answer"/ the "best answer" feature is not working well to actually help FOC members)

I like your opinion.

It suggests the engine for whatever reason is limiting itself so diagnostics is needed to see what everythings doing it may be an injector a sensor thats causing it but hasnt actually failed or as said a pedal fault thats intermittent

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club