Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Calliper & Drum Paint Color

Chris_pickford94

I'm thinking of painting my brakes today seen as the weathers nice for a change

Think I'm definitely going to go black on the rear drums

But don't know whether to go gloss or satin black?

And also what colour do you guys think would look good on the front?

Was debating Halfords blue brake paint but not sure what the exact colour would look like with my car being a sort of blue colour

The car looks standard from the outside, so I don't want to go for the boy racer thing of bright red, I want something subtle that will actually look nice on the car

Would like to hear your opinions on what you guys think would look best!

post-36859-139789888455_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

This is something I've fancied doing for a while but like yourself a bit unsure. I think it would be gloss black on the drums for me and as I have a silver car maybe a chrome paint on the fronts. Looking at higher end cars that have yellow, red, black blues etc, they don't seem out of place so maybe give it a try.

Thanks for your reply pete, just finished doing the rear drums in gloss black

Used a wire brush to clean all of the rust off, brake cleaner and then some gloss black exterior paint from tool station

Before

post-36859-139791269816_thumb.jpg

After

post-36859-139791275013_thumb.jpgpost-36859-13979127642_thumb.jpg

Did have a bit of a disagreement with one of the wheel nut covers tho!

post-36859-13979129364_thumb.jpg

If I had a silver car like you then I'd probably say paint the front ones silver

And I see what you mean about other cars having red or yellow callipers but the focus ones aren't exactly massive, looks like id be trying to show off my tiny brakes

What a difference Chris, as you have the 5 spoke alloys the drums show off well. Must admit the Focus calipers are a bit small on the front to show off compared with a Porche I saw the other day, bright Red and massive. Going to have a bash at mine now.

These look good!

Getting the OH to do mine now lol, drums black and getting the calipers yellow at some point in the future. My calipers are tiny too but yellow is better than rusty grey surely :p

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

One thing I will say from doing it is you use a lot less paint than you actually think

Spent just over £11 on 2 wire brushes, set of paint brushes and a tin of paint (500ml) all from toolstation

Gave the drums 2 coats each and I barely used any of the tin, still got enough left to do the whole streets!

Rear drums i did alloy silver fronts the same but with kaeasaki green on the brake pad pins and the disks

Lmao that's atrocious o_o

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Haha that's quality!

Did slightly overspray onto his wheel arch liner though! :/

Yeah done this a couple of weeks back on my zetec S, painted mine white as the cars white and going for the colour coded look, then getting my alloys sprayed gloss black in June! Pretty impressed with the end result just need to paint the rear drums black now! post-45739-139811186975_thumb.jpgpost-45739-139811188457_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club