Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You are not going to believe this

MichellefromEssex

Yesterday Max went out to clean Mo and as he went to lift the passenger windscreen wiper, he noticed a lot of black tar like stuff, turns out our windscreen wiper has melted onto the glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now I know it was sunny yesterday but it was only 18 degrees and only parked in direct sunlight for about 4 hours, the whole rubber is now buggered, he had to use tar remover to get it off the glass, I am out today but will be taking it back to Fords again, this is really taking the biscuit now!!

WTF!!!

Doesnt matter how hot they get, they shouldnt melt! Hope you get it sorted... let use no how it goes!

That is really bad news :o

This should never happen, no matter how hot it is, or for how long it lies in the sun.

Hope u get this sorted ... surprising it was only the one wiper? Maybe a default with one

Thats Really strange, by any chance is it the one that is floppy? lol the Drivers side one? When I first washed mine and lifted it up I thought it was odd how that one has no frame =/ but maybe thats just me lol

mines been fine so far and its been parked in direct sun quite alot.

Alot of cars are now using aero wipers though and they perform better

Hi Michelle,

I'm not sure if you will be familiar with a similar issue on certain AMG Mercedes (specifically the black) which have the AMG engine upgrade. The heat form the engine has been known to melt the sound proofing and on occasion distort the philiment inside the window for the quick clear.. Could possibly be a similar issue with you, although the engine has only been chipped not replaced, so I'm not sure what to sugest?

Take it back to ford, and get a new one fit for free! I'm hearing a fair few horror stories as of late, not to mention my own!

I've never heard anything like that! Thats shocking. Good job it was noticed before you needed to use. You might need it sorting before Bank Holiday Monday with rain predicted.

They had best fit it for free. Not fit for the purpose!

I had to win my dad over in letting me the Fiesta so I hope I don't have as much trouble that I've been reading here.

the wiper is made out of rubber, so its gona get warm and stick to your windscreen in warm weather, unless you clean the blade like every few days to keep it moist, also if you leave your car and dont wash it for a couple of weeks the blade will "stick" to the glass abit. so just keep the blades clean and moist.

Matt

The car is washed at least once a week as my OH is a car valeter, the rubber has actually bubbled and has left long gooey melted stips that stuck to the windscreen, nothing like how normal rubber will stick to a windscreen, I will get a pick tomorrow as I have been out in London all day and only just gotten in , at first I though something had dropped onto it, but running finger along the blade its now all rugged and jaggard, its the passenger wiper - the little one, the big one is fine which is strange.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club