Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Considering Between A Fiesta Zs And A Suzuki Swift Sport

kathyp

I have a mk6 zs they are brilliant to drive, so comfy , and considering the sports suspension not a harsh drive in the roads either.. really nippy car and cheap to fill aswell and can do loads to them if you like. and they look great aswell, plenty of parts available if a anything goes wrong and easy to work on. but test drive them first cause everyone is different in their opinions .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Re the seats being uncomfortable. Aren't the seats in the zetec and the zetec s different?

Yes, seats are totally different. I found the ZS seats actually more comfy than the ST seats... And more comfy than the standard Z seats... (Just my personal opinion).

It would seem that MattDRX's arguments "against" the ZS are slowly starting to unravel, as it becomes clear that he never actually owned a ZS in the first place... Making it technically impossible for him to pose a substantiated argument... Ho-hum.

• Like 2

One of Matt’s first posts
..........................................................................................................................................
Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Evening All,

New to Fords, just bought Myself an Ecoboost picking it up on Friday.

Do many people on here own them? thoughts on the car, how they are getting on with it?

Matt.
...............................................................................................................................................

Perhaps you should have asked questions before buying?.

So you opt for a Zetec Ecoboost 100bhp 11.6 to 60 and 112mph flat out with no sports suspension, no sport seats because it was £10K blah blah CASH and YES we ALL know you didn’t lose out on the ST trade in......YAWN.

Comments like “seats grated when sitting in them for an hour” and “it's wobbly as a !Removed! up 30st man when turning more than 10 degrees” and “The 1.0 is out of breath after 60MPH”

What the F did you expect, it’s not a ZS and it’s not the 125bhp version 9.4 to 60 and 122mph flat out, which is the second quickest car in the current Fiesta range.

Being an historical hot hatch driver........buying that Zetec was about as dumb as you asking the forum what de-tango means and WTF is a Fiesta Metal.......JOKE.

As I said Dave, first impressions were great, Ergonomics of the car for what I need it for are impossible to try out on a test drive,

And spare me the fact and specs above, take them both a drag or traffic light GP and the results will be next to nothing, all it takes it a tank of fuel or a few stones of extra driver and you wont notice the difference.

I do love though the way everyone claims to be a Hot Hatch driver and all owned more expensive, Exotic and much faster cars and they all ended up in ZS 1.0 and said money was a factor instantly and then claim the " Power " of this car is so good and unreal,

Personally I have to doubt everyones claims of driving something faster, clearly they haven't as these aren't comparable by any means to a typical hot hatch which all have a good 3 seconds or so over it plus much higher top speeds and stiffer set ups, a 9.4 0-60 is pathetic and good luck to doing 122MPH in it if it can even actually reach that speed.

End of the day I did make a mistake buying it, but I sorted that.

The “Being an historical hot hatch driver” was aimed at YOU with ya faaaast past Clio etc etc.
I don’t claim the 1.0T be something that it is not.

No it’s not a warm/hot hatch but it doe’s perform very well for a 3 pot 1L.

At least you are big enough to admit the Zetec mistake.

Yes and I didn't buy it on the grounds of wanting a Hot Hatch, I changed Jobs in November and wen't from doing 6 miles a day to 62+ a day and driving a 104DB Clio that does 30MPG and needs very frequent servicing and prone to going wrong every 5 minutes wasn't going to be practical / comfortable or economical in the long run when it would have needed the belts doing every 15 months ( £800 job ) at that mileage, eating tyres and brakes and the rest of the problems they are plagued with.

It was bought for a purpose and it failed in the long run ( something people are failing to grasp ) and I lost nothing on it so not phased.

Seriously stop being so defensive over a car ffs, whether it's a 3 pot or it has a V8 it's not what Ford claim it is, a cheap economical car that's fun to drive, at a push it could be fun to hoon about town centres if that's your thing,

Matt I think the point is you are making claims about handling, comfort etc on a spec that you haven't owned?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

I think it needs no test or trial, the same car but with more weight, thinner tyres, larger wheels and shorter springs but using the same shocks and has more downforce / less aerodynamic due to a larger front bumper and larger wing and skirts isn't going to be more comfortable or handle any better or perform better, same brakes = as crap as any other Fiesta in that range, The seats we no better in the Titanium which my test drive was in.

And as I've said before, count to the difference in 0-60's, 50-70's etc, see how short it is? that's the difference at absolute best and it can only be shorter, hardly worth contending or raving about the "HUGE" torque difference.

You sound very bitter & as if your justifying to yourself spending even more money on the car you should have got in the first place.

He clearly thinks he has "made it" in life because he owns the holy grail of cars, the Fiesta ST

Nice car YES, but the way he talks about it & the way he talks about the ZS is pathetic & Making himself look stupid

• Like 1

You sound very bitter & as if your justifying to yourself spending even more money on the car you should have got in the first place.

No because as said the ST pays for itself in the long run. You'll see in 5 years time it's worth 4k more than a Z and ZS. that was really all I tried to relay in the first place weeks ago among the other benefits it has to anyone considering a ZS but the ZS police got the hump over their cars being attacked and this is now the 3rd thread that's ended up like this.

And Damien get the f over yourself or get some new material you've posted that time and time again, I don't need a car to know I've made it to where I wanted to be 2 years ahead of schedule, anyone can buy expensive cars ask all the hairdresser's rolling around in RR's and the estate agents in 3 series converts, cars mean nothing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Couple of points for you

A: Find the post I have made before saying you have made it and own the holy grail of cars (btw you won't find it). Sure I have said before that you are making yourself look stupid, that's because it's true and you continue to do it week after week. You keep repeating yourself, which in turns prompts me to tell you the same thing time and time again in hope that the verbal bullsh*t ends. You stop, I stop, it's easy!

B: At times you do make a valid point & almost sound knowledgable, just cut the crap out & you might start earning respect on here rather than being the forums laughing stock

• Like 1

In an attempt to bring this thread back to its roots: Helping KathyP find a car, I'll just add that there's a new Ford Ka coming next year, as well as a new Mazda 2 - both of which should be decently economically.

I'll also suggest everyone reading this thread and considering between a Fiesta ZS and an ST to mainly read what KathyP has to say about each, as she doesn't own either and as such can be considered unbiased. (Aren't I the diplomat :D )

In an attempt to bring this thread back to its roots: Helping KathyP find a car, I'll just add that there's a new Ford Ka coming next year, as well as a new Mazda 2 - both of which should be decently economically.

I'll also suggest everyone reading this thread and considering between a Fiesta ZS and an ST to mainly read what KathyP has to say about each, as she doesn't own either and as such can be considered unbiased. (Aren't I the diplomat :D )

This was just getting interesting. Lol. A good read.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club