Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Window Fault? Help!

FordGirl78

Hi all, I have a 2003, 3 door mk6 fiesta. The electric window goes down but not up! I have replaced the regulator and switch and checked the connections but the regulator will only go down???

I have checked drivers door window works perfectly but the drivers door switch for passenger door doesn't work at all.... Any ideas anyone I'm stuck???

What actually happens when you press up? Does the motor make a noise?

Nothing happens, no sound no nothing? The motor winds down but not up? Happens with brand new motors and switches I've tried everything I can think of?

When I disconnect the motor the window moves up and down freely, so it's not the runners either?

Totally stumped, got to be something electrical?? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Which window is the one with the fault?

Does the drivers window go up an down?

Does the passenger window go up and down using the passenger side switch?

Does the passenger side go up and down using the drivers side switch?

The passenger side will not work properly unless the drivers side switches and wiring loom are fully plugged in and functioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

As above, check wiring as it could be lose somewhere along the line. Also check the loom. Best thing to do, if you've got the time, replace the wiring for that window.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your help everyone I finally got to the bottom of it! Would you believe it was 1 wire broken in the drivers wiring loom between the door and main chassis! It was the passenger window that was broken!!! Mad but solved! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi lv got same problem, can you tell me roughly where and what colour the wire was. No guys motor is fine, mine ford fiesta mk6 silver 2003. Too cold for this today, if you can remember, as lv just seen date of the post :-) 

1 hour ago, Mrlooney136 said:

Hi lv got same problem, can you tell me roughly where and what colour the wire was. No guys motor is fine, mine ford fiesta mk6 silver 2003. Too cold for this today, if you can remember, as lv just seen date of the post :-) 

I’m so sorry, I really can’t remember! Think I only fixed it for about a week before it went again. I ended up replacing the whole wiring loom between the door and the chassis. 

Really hope you sort it I can remember how frustrating it was.