Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Car

Pete80

After being away from Ford for over a year I decided to return in style, bought this Titanium X about 48 hours ago and have already painted the calipers, popped on fan washer jets and corrected the paintwork.

Heres a couple of pics of the progress so far

20140419_154046_zps3c5874bc.jpg

20140419_153946_zps5132de0c.jpg

20140419_153926_zpsb9c3c040.jpg

20140419_153842_zps382cbf46.jpg

C & C welcome

Pete

Nice! Same model as mine.

Which engine is in yours?

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Nice! Same model as mine.

Which engine is in yours?

Thank you, its the 1.8 TDCI, 125 model I believe

Fantastic value in my opinion. Mile munchers!

Yeah I have been out for a long drive yesterday and absolutely loved it, quite a bit of poke for a big car

I have the 2.5T, lovely engine.

Im not sure about you, but im a little disappointed with the brakes. During one of my faster runs home, I managed to overheat them a bit. Swapping the discs and pads for something like EBC's or brembo's is high on my priority list ( I need 4 tyres first!) .

Apparently, all the models have the same discs and pads, regardless of engine size/speed capability......

Other than the brakes, im delighted with mine!

I have the 2.5T, lovely engine.

Im not sure about you, but im a little disappointed with the brakes. During one of my faster runs home, I managed to overheat them a bit. Swapping the discs and pads for something like EBC's or brembo's is high on my priority list ( I need 4 tyres first!) .

Apparently, all the models have the same discs and pads, regardless of engine size/speed capability......

Other than the brakes, im delighted with mine!

Im quite happy with the brakes, they look quite new and the pads are ferodo, ive driven a nissan qashqai for the last year so these are pretty good in comparison

I would think it would be a bit of an improvement.

A few of the other members on here seemed to think it was my driving style. Add that to the fact that I made presumptions about the car that were completely off, and I ended up with cooked brakes.

I had my mechanic check mine out, there is nothing wrong with them. They're just not big enough and can't handle the heat when your pushing on a bit.

Hi Pete, great choice you won't be disappointed and it looks great in Tonic blue!, I've got a '10 reg 2.0 petrol Titanium X in Hypnotic Silver it's a fantastic alrounder, welcome to Mondeo Team.

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

What's the 2.5T like on juice ? ,As my son inlaw use to have the same engine in his mk2 Focus ST brilliant motor but god cud it drink, he averaged about 20-22mpg?

Hi Vincent. Anywhere between 26 and 32 mpg, depending on who/where its being driven. I think i'll trade it in for another mondeo, maybe next year. The 2.5T is a bit wasted since I bought my new motor.

Is your 2.0 turbo'd? How does it compare in fuel? Im tempted by the 1.6T.....

Any idea on your mpg Peter?

Well on the mpg front I according to the trip its 45.3, but I haven't managed to do a brim to brim test yet, Im expecting low to mid 40's for the driving im doing which is 30/40 mph roads with no real heavy traffic as I work nights, long run I expect mid 50, this is just going off 2 previous diesel fords. Only had the car a few days so will update after a week or two

Hi Pete, it's the normal 2.0 (145 )am getting only 26-28 mpg at mo but it is due for a service in June, Am going to be getting a black '62 reg Mondeo 2.0 eco-boost (203)Titanium X Sport Powershift in around 15 months, that'll be my 8th Mondeo

Well on the mpg front I according to the trip its 45.3, but I haven't managed to do a brim to brim test yet, Im expecting low to mid 40's for the driving im doing which is 30/40 mph roads with no real heavy traffic as I work nights, long run I expect mid 50, this is just going off 2 previous diesel fords. Only had the car a few days so will update after a week or two

Very reasonable figures considering the 30/40 mph roads your using. Like you said, let us know when you've used a tank or 2. It will be handy to know, I'm trying to figure out which model to go for next.

Hi Pete, it's the normal 2.0 (145 )am getting only 26-28 mpg at mo but it is due for a service in June, Am going to be getting a black '62 reg Mondeo 2.0 eco-boost (203)Titanium X Sport Powershift in around 15 months, that'll be my 8th Mondeo

Very specific considering its over a year away? Lol

Do you have one lined up?

Since you've mentioned it, what exactly is powershift?

8th mondeo! You're a true fan then?

Hi Kris,

To be honest I order my requirements through "The Car People" in Manchester my family's had about 8 motors from there, Unlike my wife I wont buy a car new ?, I always buy 2-4 years old and without sounding big headed I've always bought the top end Mondeo's from the Mk1 Ghia , ST, Ghia X etc.

I just tell them I want a car with a certain spec and only in certain colour's believe its quite hard to find a Mondeo Titanium X petrol as I only do about 7-8k a year so I cant have a diesel as the problems with DPF/ EGR valves as I don't do the miles but I always prefer low mileage vehicles with FSH and must be mint and its harder than it sounds, I do like my Mondeo's but I'd love a mk2 ( T-reg ) Granada 2.8 Ghia auto :lol:

Hi Kris,

To be honest I order my requirements through "The Car People" in Manchester my family's had about 8 motors from there, Unlike my wife I wont buy a car new ?, I always buy 2-4 years old and without sounding big headed I've always bought the top end Mondeo's from the Mk1 Ghia , ST, Ghia X etc.

I just tell them I want a car with a certain spec and only in certain colour's believe its quite hard to find a Mondeo Titanium X petrol as I only do about 7-8k a year so I cant have a diesel as the problems with DPF/ EGR valves as I don't do the miles but I always prefer low mileage vehicles with FSH and must be mint and its harder than it sounds, I do like my Mondeo's but I'd love a mk2 ( T-reg ) Granada 2.8 Ghia auto :lol:

Buying a 2-4 yo motor is sensible. I try to do the same. Saves you thousands with the initial depreciation.

If you're fussy with the car you buy, as you seem to be, you end up with a "mint" car for sometimes half the price.

I have a local garage that does is similar to what you're describing. They seem to charge 10% over normal prices though, and have repeat customers that are very loyal.

I think it's a trade off, more money and good service or a cheap car with terrible aftersales.

Just bought the same motor myself! although I went for the Zetec spec as opposed to the Titanium, but same year, I love it already, OK it has its niggles, but its a brilliant motor! I just popped the fan jets on too and they make a massive difference! I could do with some more time and patience to sort out a few paintwork blips as well!

Hope you enjoy your new car mate, I love mine, done almost 500 miles in a week the only problem is the tyres, it has accelera ones on at the moment and they are poo, need to get some decent ones on, I can get Bridgestone Potenzas for a good price, are these a good match on the mondeos???

They are a good match on most motors to be honest! I think I seem to have a set of four economies on there from where I bought it but they do the job! I have done 1500 miles in the car and its just been pleasure after pleasure all the way!

I've done 400 miles in mine over the last 5 days, lovely car to drive, I am very impressed with the quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah the mondeo is definately a quality motor, but then you get what you pay for. Ford could do with spending a few more quid on the likes of the Focus and the Fiesta to pull there quality up, but preferably without impacting the price!

Agreed, let's see what the new versions of each model are like, to me they all look like a far superior brand

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

The Car People in Manchester are very good. I got my Focus from there last year. Told them the exact model and Spec (Zetec with Comms and Sports pack), couple of days later, they had sourced one.

Only let down was the Auxilary belt was on its way out, but they came and collected my car from work and returned it four hours later. Top service, but maybe 5% higher than everywhere else.

As mentioned above, you get what you pay for. I bought a Corsa (sorry) and the headgasket was on its way out, but not noticable at purchase. Garage weren't interested, cost me £600 for fix a recently purchased £1200 car. This time I went to a big dealer and the service was excellent

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club