Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plastic Fuel Filler Nozzle

tomroscoe

My new (March 14) Fiesta came without the plastic fuel filter pipe in the glovebox. This is only necessary if you tank your car away from a petrol station, right? Hardly worth bothering with then.

That is the only time you need it yeh, though as it's missing just tell your dealer and they should give you one free. I don't know if it's still the case, but when I bought my previous car back in 2010 I think they were putting these funnels in the spare wheel well if you didn't have the spare wheel but had the goo stuff instead. May be worth checking there if this is still the case? Unless you have the spare wheel of course!

Yeah mine was in the spare wheel well.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah it should be where your spare wheel should be

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I've looked and it's not there, but then again I have a spare wheel. But hey, don't we all feel somewhat vulnerable without a locking fuel filter cap? Surely naughties equipped with one of these 99p plastic nozzles can siphon your tank dry in 5 minutes?

The filler flap locks with your car.

The plastic funnels can be got off eBay very cheaply.

The plastic funnels can be got off Ebay very cheaply.

Not on the fiesta as my metal is a push open and the cars are fitted with Ford easy fuel which can only open the valve with a petrol/diesel nozzle or the plastic funnel you get with the car

Agreed, the flap does not lock with the car. Messing about with it the other day I managed to half open the metal flap with my fingers (stopped after that in case one got stuck or I broke the flap) by pushing the three plastic bits the right amount etc! Apparently there are baffles in the pipe though to prevent siphoning.

No it doesn't.

There will however be an anti-syphon device in the pipe somewhere.

My apologies! I was told elsewhere it did and never bothered to check so I just went out to check! How odd. There I was happy thinking it all locked up............. :(

The funnel is important in case you need to fill from a can in an emergency and also for dosing the car with fuel additives.

The activation of the flaps may delay after locking like the alarm. I don't know exactly how long after locking thr car alarm is enabled but it isn't instant.

I can lock the car then open the bonnet no alarm, lock the car come back 20 mins later open the bonnet and alarm goes off so it could be the same for your fuel filler

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

So if you try to open the fuel cap when the car is locked up, will the alarm sound ?

No it won't, the alarm will only trigger from things that has sensors where a warning may appear on the dash such as bonnet, boot door or passenger doors open

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

There is no alarm trigger for the fuel filler cap on a fiesta. It has anti-siphon in the filler neck (metal gause) which prevent pikeys stealing fuel.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

It's good to see how my original post about not having a plastic fuel filler supplied with my new car has developed into this interesting thread.

I must say I didn't know all that about the car's alarm system and the anti-syphon mesh. But not having a locking flap still leaves me feeling a bit vulnerable because although the fuel can't be stolen, naughties can so very easily pollute your fuel with whatever they care to tip down there. Not that I've heard of it happening mind, but then maybe I park in nicer places than benefit street and crash alley.

The funnel is important in case you need to fill from a can in an emergency and also for dosing the car with fuel additives.

+1

I was just going to say its handy to have for adding fuel additives every now and then.

Wow snob much?! Theres a plastic flap behind the metal tag that stops 90% of things going into the filler neck. U need the plastic nozzle to push the plastic flap back to allow for fuel/additives to enter the tank..

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club