Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Zetec 2010 Service Costs

BHeart

Hi

I bought a new Fiesta Zetec 1.25 in October 2010 and had it serviced in October 2011 but I've neglected to get it serviced since then - no excuses, I kept meaning to get it serviced each year but I never seemed to find the time.

My daughter now has the car with 21,000 miles and it's running well. The oil + filter should have been changed in 2011 but the car only had about 6,500 miles from new. The air filter, pollen filter and spark plugs have never been changed so I want to get it serviced asap. I would also like a check for software updates and recalls but, do Ford charge to apply software updates during a service?

Taking into account the above details, what service is required and what should I expect to pay for it at Ford?

I was thinking of trying out Formula One Auto Centres who say they will service the car in line with the manufacturer's service required but will use compatible oils and parts and want a £119 for what they call a 'major service' but, as well as the oil + filter change, I would also like the air and pollen filters + spark plugs changed.

I also believe that the Fiesta Mk7 has a cambelt instead of a timing chain and according to what I've read, that can last for 100,000 or 10 years so I would imagine that there is no rush to get that changed just yet.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

If its 4 years old then a 50k service is applicable. Wheels/drums off, oil filter and pollen change.

Software updates are chargable as its out of 3 year manufactures warranty.

There are no relavent recalls to my knowledge. A few tsb (technical service bullitens) that are known but thats dependant on problem. Like squealing brakes for example.

If you have only had a first service done. Id advise you to have a major service carried out (oil filter, air, pollen spark plugs) and ask to have all wheels removed and drums to be removed/clean and adjusted (that could be chargable dependant of service sheet)

And brake fluid changed if it hasnt been done (that will also be chargable). Due to its low milage it should be ok but dont quote me on that

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

+1 on Kevin, best to get a major service done so that all the bits that have been missed can be done. It would cost about £300 or so dealer dependent. Alternatively you could do the service yourself for a lot less?

• 2 weeks later...

Low mileage can be as detrimental as high mileage. Ford vehicles should be serviced yearly or at 12,500 miles intervals. Unless stated otherwise, transits etc

Blue blooded

Ford 3rd year/32,500 mile service is oil/air/spark and pollen filters, if it has missed this service then that is the one you need

Also in this service, the rear drums are to be removed and the brakes inspected - any adjustment would be chargeable by a dealer

Software updates are chargeable also at around an hours labour

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

*37,500 miles*

Ford 3rd year/32,500 mile service is oil/air/spark and pollen filters, if it has missed this service then that is the one you need

Also in this service, the rear drums are to be removed and the brakes inspected - any adjustment would be chargeable by a dealer

Software updates are chargeable also at around an hours labour

You dont remove drums on that service. You remove them on a 4th year service (50k service) Plus its a wheels on service just says inspect rear brakes through inspection holes

You do remove the drums on a 37,500 for inspection

There also arent any inspection holes on fiesta drums

7 years exp at a ford main dealer where 80% of my jobs are services say other wise..oh and ford etis says with wheels on...where are you getting your information from?

With my experience working in a ford main dealer I would never leave the wheels on during a service and how would you check the condition of the rear brakes without an inspection hole?

Guess your main dealer dont give you service sheets to follow then. The guys who have 30+ years who have been in ford for them years have been doing it wrong for so many years then

Having just checked etis fair enough its a 4th service to remove drums - I apologise. Easy mistake to make anyway when 80% of my jobs are diagnostic. What does it matter anyway? Its 4 years old and has missed its 3rd so my original comment is still 100% accurate with the exception of the mileage mistake, all im saying is you cant inspect the rear brakes on a fiesta properly without removing the drums. Dont see why your turning it into an argument, getting cheeky and pulling out the "ive worked for ford for 7 years" card when you dont know anything about me...

Not really causing an argument just putting facts right. When you say you dont remove the drums without even checking the information is abit silly really

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club