Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MPG

blodger59

If you look at the speedo,I was a naughty boy. The camera didnt focus properly and it was quite sunny at the time.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blodger59

• irononreverse

• paulworthing

• Sara Fiesta

Must be that rolling road you've got set up in your garage! :lol:

I'm jealous, the highest I've ever gotten is 48mpg, around town it's more like 31mpg. How do you all drive so economically?

Bashful, what kind of area are you driving around?

Lol, that figure is well a "reset MPG... drive downhill out of gear... take a photo" effort!

I swear on my life it isn't. As you will see in my explanation to Paul the driving experience was not a pleasant one and is not something I plan to aim for in every day driving. Also if you look at Fords quoted figures it actually under achieved.

Ford's figures were pretty over the top.

Although I'm getting about 62mpg average over the last week which is only 5mpg under the quoted 67mpg combined figure so it's not really too bad.

I'm driving ~500 miles this weekend so lets hope it stays high, although at 70mph++ it doesn't really get good mpg.

I mentioned the mpg when my car was in for its 1500 check last week.

I got a strange response - along the lines of "You should reset it each journey as it'll be different each time."

The point I was trying to make was that it was averaging about 31mpg per tankful, which was a mixture of driving conditions. The petrol light still comes on when I've done about 250 miles. No need to reset mpg to tell me how many miles I'm getting per tankful.

Anyway, I took the car for its longest trip at the end of the week (about 300 miles round trip). On the journey there it averaged about 41.2mpg. Much better than its previous average, so I was quite pleased. But I decided to reset the mpg before the return journey. I managed to coax it up to 51.1 before reaching the motorway section of the journey. By the time I got home it had reduced to 43.4, but that was after zooming along the motorway extremely nicely. At one point I looked at the speedometer and thought I'd better take my foot off the accelerator. I didn't think my little 1.25 Zetec would do that speed :)

Must be that rolling road you've got set up in your garage! :lol:

I'm jealous, the highest I've ever gotten is 48mpg, around town it's more like 31mpg. How do you all drive so economically?

Bashful, what kind of area are you driving around?

The 27/28 mpg has all been around town so I guess it's comparable with yours.

The 27/28 mpg has all been around town so I guess it's comparable with yours.

I hate driving around town at the moment. I'm trying to keep revs low but this means I'm holding up traffic. I almost always end up revving fairly hard to get up to 2nd gear.

If you're ever driving by an ocean blue Fiesta and hear the mpg being shouted out from inside, it's probably me... :lol:

I hate driving around town at the moment. I'm trying to keep revs low but this means I'm holding up traffic. I almost always end up revving fairly hard to get up to 2nd gear.

If you're ever driving by an ocean blue Fiesta and hear the mpg being shouted out from inside, it's probably me... :lol:

I tend to rev it a bit too much in town cos you can never stay at a constant speed. You'd need to shout pretty loud if I'm to hear it in Edinburgh :lol:

I tend to rev it a bit too much in town cos you can never stay at a constant speed. You'd need to shout pretty loud if I'm to hear it in Edinburgh :lol:

It could happen! I've had a few startled passengers who were unaware of my tendency to shout out any increase in my mpg. :lol:

It keeps me entertained! :lol:

It could happen! I've had a few startled passengers who were unaware of my tendency to shout out any increase in my mpg. :lol:

It keeps me entertained! :lol:

It's my sat nav I usually shout at

I have Tim well trained. I just politely tell him I'm not going the way he suggests and after a little while he changes his route to suit the way I've gone.

I have Tim well trained. I just politely tell him I'm not going the way he suggests and after a little while he changes his route to suit the way I've gone.

Jane likes to get me to go round and round roundabouts. I think she just wants to spend more time with me because she always seems to pick the most convoluted routes.

Sat nav--what's that then?

I use Mrs Hedgepig and a map..........she might as well tell me where to go; no need to change the habit of a lifetime! :P

Sat nav--what's that then?

I use Mrs Hedgepig and a map..........she might as well tell me where to go; no need to change the habit of a lifetime! :P

Plus you have someone to blame if you get lost :lol:

I'm well happy with mine. My first tank of petrol in the new car did me 50 mpg and I was mostly doing bog standard roads, not many motorways! Hopefully that will get even better when the engine is run in.

• 3 weeks later...
A tank of diesel i hope!

:lol: :P :lol:

Well I've just been to and from Bristol International airport, around 98 miles and averaged 42mpg from a full tank. No idea how to work it out average mpg by myself. What figures do i need for the formula and how do I know how much petrol I've used?

Well I've just been to and from Bristol International airport, around 98 miles and averaged 42mpg from a full tank. No idea how to work it out average mpg by myself. What figures do i need for the formula and how do I know how much petrol I've used?

The best way is to use most of the fuel in the tank

then fill it up (that way you get a better idea of whats been used rather than short runs/fill ups

make a note of the ammount of fuel you just put in the tank

make a note of the total milage since your last fill up

devide the ammount of litre's of fuel by 4.54 (which turns it into gallons)

then devide the ammount of miles you have done by the ammount of gallons

usually comes out very close to the fuel computor readout

hope that helps

Kristal

Thank you!

I very rarely let my tank get below a quarter full though. I gonna start obsessing over this. My friends already find my random outbursts of increased MPG a little irritating...

In the last 3 weeks have done just over 2000 miles in my 1.6tdci,I have been calculating the the MPG properly ,

The first couple of tanks were returning about 58,the last tank got up to 63,this was based on true top up figures.

the trip computer showed 63,63 and 68 as the mpg,a difference of about 10% in Fords favour.

On my last fiesta (1.4 tdci mk6.5),I averaged 55-60 mpg on normal runnng,with 70mpg on motorway runs,again the trip computer was always around 10 % out.

The MPG on the last car improved as the car got older,certainly after 50k miles there was a noticable improvement.

dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club