Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MPG

blodger59

We are approaching 4k on the clock now and a nice run yesterday 180 miles, we averaged 48.9mpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blodger59

• irononreverse

• paulworthing

• Sara Fiesta

Hi all

Have been driving all weekend, keeping to legal speed limits(difficult ) and the trip computor was showing 55-60 mpg.

looks like the engine managment software upgrade worked yipeeee!

steve

That's brilliant Steve I’m taking mine back to see if there are any upgrade available for mine that’s a hell of an improvement, mines no where near the 60 I’m now averaging 52mpg and that's driving like my granny :lol:

Hi,

I went up to Sheffield and back and averaged around 35mpg on the way up. On the way back I reset at a petrol station and "you know what".....If you keep that speedo needle at below a "certain" speed on the motorway I can get 50mpg.

Needless to say the average on the return trip was similar to the way up. :mellow:

Paul

How can you reset the mpg? I've tried holding the 'reset' button when the mpg is displayed but it doesn't reset :unsure:

How can you reset the mpg? I've tried holding the 'reset' button when the mpg is displayed but it doesn't reset :unsure:

Hold the stalk in at the same time.

Paul

Hi

got the car back from ford, they have updated the software to the ecu and recalebrated the fuel system,

the trip computor is now showing an average of 49 mpg compared to 42mpg earlier.

fingers crossed they have sorted out the problem :D

I doubt there is an improvement in mpg. Its likely that they have recalibrated the mpg computer to show a higher mpg. I can do this with my Audi software. Check your brim to brim fuel consumption. I think you will find that there is no change.

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt there is an improvement in mpg. Its likely that they have recalibrated the mpg computer to show a higher mpg. I can do this with my Audi software. Check your brim to brim fuel consumption. I think you will find that there is no change.

Hi all

the last week or so i have covered 365 miles of mixed motoring, ie arond town and motorway , i brimed the tank before and afterwards, i squeezed in 32 litres, about 7gallons , so that works out about 51 mpg which is a vast improvement on the 42-44 mpg that i was getting before i took the car back to ford to have it checked.

Hi all

the last week or so i have covered 365 miles of mixed motoring, ie arond town and motorway , i brimed the tank before and afterwards, i squeezed in 32 litres, about 7gallons , so that works out about 51 mpg which is a vast improvement on the 42-44 mpg that i was getting before i took the car back to ford to have it checked.

Thats good news and I am glad that you are getting a decent mpg. For you information What Diesel Car magazine are long term testing a fiesta 1.6TDCI and after 3,500 miles they are reporting a 52.5mpg figure. They also state that the car is the best around and they have great difficulty in critisising it, other than the poor fitting of the parking sensors.

Yeah it is a damn shame about those sensors.

Thats good news and I am glad that you are getting a decent mpg. For you information What Diesel Car magazine are long term testing a fiesta 1.6TDCI and after 3,500 miles they are reporting a 52.5mpg figure. They also state that the car is the best around and they have great difficulty in critisising it, other than the poor fitting of the parking sensors.

i must admit it is a great little car i am really impressed with the quality of the finish, it's the best looking fiesta to date.

I'm driving a 1.25 (82) and am currently getting around 30mpg. :( I've only done about 150 miles in it so far, most of which is urban driving. It's a bit of a way off the claimed mpg.

I'm driving a 1.25 (82) and am currently getting around 30mpg. :( I've only done about 150 miles in it so far, most of which is urban driving. It's a bit of a way off the claimed mpg.

Ahh the downside of urban driving - it is always going to be bad especially if you are doing short trips where the engine does not get time to properly warm up

Ahh the downside of urban driving - it is always going to be bad especially if you are doing short trips where the engine does not get time to properly warm up

Is it going to improve much over time? Should I take it out motorway cruising for a couple of hours every so often, would that actually help?

Is it going to improve much over time? Should I take it out motorway cruising for a couple of hours every so often, would that actually help?

It should improve over time as the engine loosen's up more but it is never going to be as good as the quoted figures if you're mainly doing urban driving and while a motoroway trip will improve your average you will be using fuel for the journey which you do not need to do

Most of my driving will be urban too and I have accepted that I am going to get crap MPG - thats life I'm afraid

It should improve over time as the engine loosen's up more but it is never going to be as good as the quoted figures if you're mainly doing urban driving and while a motoroway trip will improve your average you will be using fuel for the journey which you do not need to do

Most of my driving will be urban too and I have accepted that I am going to get crap MPG - thats life I'm afraid

Thanks, the worst thing about urban driving are the !Removed! birds. My car's been crapped on 5 times in the 5 days I've had it! is 30mpg the average for a 1.25?

No idea if that is good or bad to be honest for the 1.25 doing urban - as for the birds, it is a known fact that they do search out clean or new cars to crap on!

No idea if that is good or bad to be honest for the 1.25 doing urban - as for the birds, it is a known fact that they do search out clean or new cars to crap on!

I'm terribly OCD when it comes to keeping the outside of my shiny new Fiesta well, shiny! The first sign of a mark or a splodge and it's doused in water and out come the wipes.

My windscreen wash seems to leave quite a bit of residue on the windows when it dries. Is it meant to do that?

Apologies for meandering off topic!

You'll probably find that the residue is more likely to be the dust and debry off of the screen accummulating at the extremes of where the blades go to.

You'll probably find that the residue is more likely to be the dust and debry off of the screen accummulating at the extremes of where the blades go to.

I'm not sure it's that as I can see its a trickle from the rear nozzle and where the fluid has dried it's left a chalky mark.

Hi there,

Do you have a link to this article please? What is the issue with the parking sensors i wonder?

I umed and arred over whether to have them or not and ended up cancelling the front ones and just having the back ones.

I'm getting the back ones factory fitted but colour coded by the dealer on delivery. (the 2 outside ones)

I felt the dealer fitted ones looked rather ugly as they were set so high up across the bumber above the reflectors,

and really spoiled the clean look of the back bumper.

Whereis the factory fit ones are much lower down and two of them go across the black plastic diffuser bit, which i dont think looks

to bad as it "breaks up" the look of the plain diffuser. Either way i dont think they are the prettiest of things.

But the front ones looked awful i thought with the square plastic lumps they are fixed to under the front number plate.

Also having to keep turning them on/off on a switch on the dash would have got to be tedious i think.

On a side note, i also hope to get the small black keyless buttons on the front doors given a quick spray too, as i think they will really stand out against the White.

I think the back door buttons are already colour coded? Can anyone confirm this who have a 5 door with keyless?

Thanks,

plunder

Edited by plunder

We are approaching 4k on the clock now and a nice run yesterday 180 miles, we averaged 48.9mpg

Pigging hell Michelle, that's good especially seeing as you've had the Mountune upgrade as well.

Either that or the trip computer's over excited..... :lol:

You couldn't have had the aircon on though.......or did you?

The best I've had is 43mpg so far but the car's only done 3.5k--perhaps that's another reason for the upgrade? :unsure:

I did my best today and got 57mpg!! it was 62 miles drive:) I was driving very slowly - 55miles/h on the road and 60-68 miles/h on motorway... but it was very economical drive...

P.S. my car has already done only 430miles:P

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I got mine on the Wednesday just there (the 24th) and it is showing an average of 54mpg and I have done 173 miles so far.

I suppose that is actually ok considering it's new etc but the miles until refuel required is showing as 370 after fully filling the tank.

What do other people get on their miles until refuel?

I last refuelled at 563 miles-still running in. Trip said 49mpg, actual consumption to date was 44.67mpg. Trip said 406 miles to refuel. It'll all go down once running in is complete, I'm sure.

I last refuelled at 563 miles-still running in. Trip said 49mpg, actual consumption to date was 44.67mpg. Trip said 406 miles to refuel. It'll all go down once running in is complete, I'm sure.

406 miles to empty? On a 1.6 petrol? :blink:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club