Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MPG

blodger59

reset my trip computer and i done about 30miles my average mpg was saying 64.4mpg (1.4 tdci)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blodger59

• irononreverse

• paulworthing

• Sara Fiesta

Im currently getting 40.7mpg just over 250 miles done so far and its increasing, and from the 1.6 zetec S.

Tbh anything over 25mpg makes me happy as my Corsa VXR just when through petrol stations like icecreams on a hot sunny day.

Hi,

I have a 1.6tdci Zetec, and to be honest I am really quite disappointed with the fuel consumption. I am currently getting between 45 & 49 mpg on a normal mixed cycle, with the best ever achieved being 52mpg. Considering the brochure says it should be at 67mpg on a combined cycle I am not really that happy... especially when a friend of mine who has a 1.6tdci focus estate and carries loads of rubbish around all the time is getting over 60mpg! The car has been into ford today who apparently did some basic tests, they found nothing wrong and have asked me to keep a log of my mileage, litres and mpg for the next three tanks before having a look again. <_<

Is this normal for this engine, or is there anything that can be done to help improve this consumption?

Any help or information is appreciated. :)

Have a MK7 5 door 1.6 TDCi Titanium. After reading manual over again and asking dealership, can anyone tell me how you can switch the trip computer to show instant mileage consumption as it alludes to this in the manual saying to change the unit of measurement in menu via centre consule. Partner has a focus, also had a new Ka whilst waiting for my fiesta and both of these gave both instant and average consumption.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I love my zetec 1.25 hot magenta. It's going in for its 1500 check next Tuesday. It's done about 1650 miles so far.

My son and I drive about the same amount. Probably about half of it around town driving and half on motorway or longer urban driving. It averages 33-34 mpg. I'd hoped to get a bit more than that. Maybe I should suggest the engine management software upgrade mentioned earlier :)

Hey all, just wanted to share an achievement from tonight. I managed above 50MPG in my 1.6TiVCT :D

mpg.jpg

Shell V-Power petrol

~5 miles urban driving

~55 miles Motorway (70MPH - Cruise Control - Air Con OFF)

~5 miles urban driving

I reset the computer after filling up.

The picture shows the end result!

Filled up again yesterday at 877 miles from new. Trip said 49.5 for the tank full, actaul mpg was 43.73

Managed 56mpg (actual) on last fillup (now at 10,400 miles approx on the clock)

I have 40,7 MPG (6,9 l/100km) on 1,6l Ti-VCT as total average after 4600km, more than 60% on highway constantly 130 km/h (cca 80 mp/h). Regarding the blind spot mirror on driverside, the same is here in EU so it is not only UK problem, I`m thinking about ordering one from UK :blink:

Hey all, just wanted to share an achievement from tonight. I managed above 50MPG in my 1.6TiVCT :D

mpg.jpg

Shell V-Power petrol

~5 miles urban driving

~55 miles Motorway (70MPH - Cruise Control - Air Con OFF)

~5 miles urban driving

I reset the computer after filling up.

The picture shows the end result!

Have to say that is amazing (well to me) with my 1.4 Zetec on my old 15" wheels after 7k miles I managed 52mpg driving rediculously cautiously, now with my 17"'s I struggle to get 40mpg :angry:

mine did a funny thing the other day, randomly started counting down from 99 and finally settled on 47mpg - dont know what it did it, just a one off as it didnt happen again!!

Have a MK7 5 door 1.6 TDCi Titanium. After reading manual over again and asking dealership, can anyone tell me how you can switch the trip computer to show instant mileage consumption as it alludes to this in the manual saying to change the unit of measurement in menu via centre consule. Partner has a focus, also had a new Ka whilst waiting for my fiesta and both of these gave both instant and average consumption.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I would also really like to know if this is possible!

I've been getting 62.1mpg average since Thursday evening's fill up.

That's including about 10% faster driving and hard acceleration, about 30% motorway miles at 55mph-65mph and about 60% driving through town.

It has been increasing gradually since new. I have had the car almost 3 weeks and have now done 1508 miles.

EDIT: I have the 1.6TDCI Titanium

just been up to norfolk for the week i left from essex on a full tank , i was averging 60-70mph all the way to cromer (norfolk) on the A12 and i was driving around all week and still had a quarter of a tank left when it was time to go home , my mpg stated 60.4 but it has been around the 64mpg mark .

very pleased with this , i even found a Shell garage in norwich on the way home selling diesel for 99.9 a litre :)

Drove to my sisters today in Wales. A nice smooth run 220 miles return trip. For a car a week old i'm over the moon with this.

IMG_0076.jpg

YES IT IS 75.1

1.6 TDCI Titanium.

This thread upsets me - mine is sitting at 27.9 :(

Drove to my sisters today in Wales. A nice smooth run 220 miles return trip. For a car a week old i'm over the moon with this.

IMG_0076.jpg

YES IT IS 75.1

1.6 TDCI Titanium.

Did you have the air-con on and what speed were you averaging?

P080709_1406.jpg
IMG_0076.jpg

Do they come with different colour text or can you change it over (or is this a trick of the lighting/camera)?

Did you have the air-con on and what speed were you averaging?

No Paul the air con was not on and as for the speed I used the cruise control to set it at the sped limit in 30, 40 & 50 limits and where the speed limit was higher I set it to about 55. I also did my best to avoid low gears, but because of still running in was careful not to let the engine labour. I knocked it out of gear approachng roundabouts etc and did my best not to stop. To be honest it was not a practicle way to drive as I was holding traffic up and the journey time was to long. But I wanted to see what I could achieve and it was far better than I expected.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club